RARE 1st edition ben graham's classic!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Have some dignity for goodness sake. At least start a thread so you can sell all your crap in one place.

#11     Jun 21, 2006

2. selling via the classified section on elite is not a dignified pursuit?

or are you refering to the capitalistic system, in general, lacking dignity?

:confused:

#12     Jun 21, 2006
  3. LOL...no the system is fine.

You just tend to make every for sale thread sound like a carnival barker announcing the "9th wonder of the world".

Why not consolidate your capitalistic ventures to one thread is all i`m saying...

#13     Jun 21, 2006
  4. open up a ebay store

#14     Jun 21, 2006

5. point taken.

surfer:)

#15     Jun 21, 2006
  6. sold @ $1750.00!

thanks!!

surfer

#16     Jun 21, 2006
  7. No offense but why?
    I have in my book collection, 10 - 1st Edition printings of Albert Einstein's Relativity. Two are in the original German and 6 are signed. I would no sooner part with any of these than to part with a limb. Interest be damned, they have all increased in value more than the space they take up. I still try to buy ever copy I find and can verify that is in great shape.

#17     Jun 21, 2006
  8. I think the difference is that you're not having trouble paying the rent on your double wide trailer. :D

I figure by next week he will be auctioning off a kidney.

"Its a rare collector's item, a one-of-a-kind purchase"

Steve

#18     Jun 21, 2006

9. that is very cool, professor. i am impressed!

i simply lost interest in the book, and believe the market is topping for this type of trading memorabilia-- i have very little emotional attachment to any object.

surfer:)

#19     Jun 21, 2006
  10. Are... you ...kidding me??

Holy Christ, would I ever love to have even 1 of those.... or even see one!! If I had one, I would never part with it, unless absolutely forced to do so.

#20     Jun 22, 2006