Rapper makes 400 million by investing in Glaceau

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2007.

1. if he re-names himself half a billion dollars will his fans still buy his music?

#11     May 31, 2007
  2. What does it have to do with black kids? There are probably just as many white kids listening to 50 Cent as black kids. Have you ever been to a nightclub? 50 Cent had a song that was the most played song I think I've ever heard at clubs...I think it was called "In The Club."

Also, if you take a look at many rappers, they actually do give back, more than many fund managers or people who make more than they do. I remember hearing that a rapper who got stiffed on a deal from Coca Cola, so he sued them and forced them to pay the settlement to his charity which he said was who they were originally screwing over by not honoring the terms of their deal.

#12     May 31, 2007
  3. i only ever attended the occassional john denver concert

' you fill up my senses like a wave on the ocean'

#13     May 31, 2007
  4. That makes sense.

#14     May 31, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Both...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacéau

"In 2004, noted rap artist 50 Cent obtained a stake in Energy Brands, stating that he wanted to make his mark in healthful beverages, as opposed to other rappers who more tightly associate with alcoholic beverages (such as Hpnotiq or the Roc-a-fella Records distributed Armadale vodka). The company subsequently introduced a "Formula 50" flavor of vitaminwater, which was developed by the artist and refers to him on its label."

#15     May 31, 2007
  6. I once paid $25 for a fiddy cent shirt, on the flip side it happened to me once at Wall-Mart too, it was made in China. :D

#16     May 31, 2007