Rapper makes 400 million by investing in Glaceau

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7138

"NYC rapper 50 Cent may have good reason to brag on his new single "Straight to the Bank."

Glacéau, the company that produces vitaminwater, was acquired by The Coca-Cola Company today (May 25) for $4.1 billion dollars in cash.

50 Cent invested in Glacéau in 2004 and owns 10% of the company.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that Coca-Cola's purchase of Glacéau earned the rapper an estimated $400 million dollars."

2. Not bad for a brotha :eek:

A lot of these hiphop guys these days appear to be astute businessmen. Sean Combs, Russell Simmons, Dr. Dre...

3. Don't forget Jay-Z....he's a very intelligent person and an astute businessman.

Damn, $400M is a lot more than 50 Cent will ever make rapping I'm sure.

4. We don't need no stinkin' reparations.

5. this is fantastic news for black kids in america.

they will benefit from this because obviously he will return money to the poor black areas through community projects and charitable donations and not buy loads of houses cars and bling.

yeah rightooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

6. This sounds like BS. 10% of 4.1B is 410M. So they're saying his original investment was 10M and it became 410M in 3 years? That's what "earning 400M" means.

7. Joab

Joab

50 cent was always my favorite rapper.

He had lots of common sense and if you've ever listen to him speak is a very intelligent person.

Congrats 50 cent... :cool:

8. that puts him up there with the wealthiest of all hiphop moguls... most likely #1, above JayZ, Diddy, Simmons

he must be gloating.

9. I read 50 Cent did not own 10 % of the company

He had an endorsement deal to get 10% of his formula 50 drink sales with no upfront endorsement money from the company

#10     May 31, 2007