Rapid Fire Swing Trading and other Ebooks

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Daal, Oct 19, 2002.

1. The least of my concerns in this world is making friends. That has never been and never will be a problem.

And your second paragraph is exactly why I called you out. I don't expect you to admit you weren't at your best. I just want you to know that it didn't go unnoticed.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. My thinking is if you PM'd your reply to everyone and asked "is this an appropriate response or not?", that most would say not. But I might be wrong. Maybe most people do not feel as I do. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last. I just tend to err on the side of common courtesy and decency... sort of the Golden Rule thing.

#31     Dec 8, 2002
  2. inandlong,

No offense, and I apologize for jumping in here, but after reading this whole thread it seems like dottom is taking the brunt of your frustration with others. Either that, or there is a history with you and dottom.

Just an outside opinion,

Rich

#32     Dec 8, 2002
  3. dottom

dottom

Let's not forget that you were the one that started with the "maybe" conjectures.

I was simply being helpful by summarizing the contents of the ebook in question. I'm sure most found my one sentence summary more helpful than you did.

My other replies were simply following up your own personal attacks (okay they were "conjectures" not personal attacks, but on internet message boards they often look quite similar).

In fact, if you really wanted to be helpful, you could have simply said something like "to add to what has already been said..." or "in addition..." instead of prefacing your reply with your three conjectures.

Read the rest of my posts... and compare them to your own, or a random sampling of 500 other messages. I think the quality of what I have shared speaks for itself.

#33     Dec 8, 2002
  4. This reply you find helpful?

Well my mistake then. How dull of me. There is so much fruitful knowledge presented that I guess I didn't see it for its worth the first time through. But now... yes now... it is abundantly clear just how helpful your reply was.

"for the perfect avoidance of doubt, maybe you should provide a 1 sentence definition of narrowing range and inside days...? just a thought.

Just for reference, I wanted to include the post that evoked your powerfully enlightening response.

Again, right here, right now, I quake with awe at the depth of your generous reply. My mistake. How I was so myopic earlier is beyond reason and understanding.

#34     Dec 8, 2002
  5. dottom

dottom

inandlong,

Who was the one that made "conjectures" about someone else's post? If you were truly interested in "being helpful" then you wouldn't have started in with the personal conjectures.

I don't sweat the small stuff. I'll let ET readers come to their own conclusions. You can have the last post.

#35     Dec 8, 2002
  6. SWJ12

SWJ12

inandlong,

If you care for an outside opinion, I consider myself a day trading newbie and longtime lurker here. dottom's post have been very helpful to me. I almost purchase the Rapid Fire Swing Trading ebook myself but on a previous post on this topic dottom said to lookup NR4/IB and I did and was glad I didn't waste my money. And just for the asking, dottom has also emailed me privately helping me with ideas and resources to become a profitable trader. He is also active on a few trading mailing lists that I am on and his thoughts are usually insightful.

I don't see anywhere on this thread where he expressed the "attitude" that you claimed he did. I think you're off-base here.

btw, I have also appreciated many of your own posts on ET as well.

#36     Dec 8, 2002
  7. SWJ,

Thanks for your reply. I find a "go look it up for yourself" type reply to be inappropriate from a long timer to a newbie. I'm sure dottom has helped you. I don't deny that he knows his stuff or has very good posts. I have read many of them. I just think anything I can do to help another trader shorten the learning curve is worthwhile.

So I won't reply anymore and I see dottom desires to end this too.

But thanks for your opinion and I am glad you are being served well.

Good trading SWJ.

:)

#37     Dec 8, 2002
  8. Ok guys enough petty bickering.

#38     Dec 8, 2002