Rants against Hershey and those who follow his posts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by baro-san, Nov 18, 2011.

Do you want the rants against Hershey and those who follow his posts to stop?

1. Yes: I wont them to stop

25 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No: I think they have informational value

41 vote(s)
    54.7%
  3. Other or no opinion

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. baro-san

baro-san

So be it.

#31     Nov 21, 2011
  2. Kind of ironic now, isn't it.... since you want to silence the critics of that loon

#32     Nov 21, 2011
  3. baro-san

baro-san

It's your choice to be ignorant or not, to be intolerant or not, to do injustice or not. But don't kid yourself: in the end you'll end up with what you really deserve.

#33     Nov 21, 2011
  4. I don't see why if you started a thread to defend Hershey that you'll also cease to come to his defense when there is nothing but a shameless trail of lies and deceit throughout the internet.

If you think starting a thread over my rant stops anybody from knowing the truth...well, you probably don't...now. Since the majority agree with my side, I will keep dropping the hammer down on his senility.

#34     Nov 21, 2011
  5. baro-san

baro-san

You're mistaken: this poll was not about Hershey or his method's validity, as probably most of the nay voters thought. It was about harassment, and the right to not be harassed for your beliefs.

#36     Nov 21, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#37     Nov 21, 2011
  7. jsp326

jsp326

Wow, the selective deleting of posts on here is, well, not surprising....

#38     Nov 22, 2011
  8. I would agree that harassment is "a bad thing". However, my opinion about this is the following:

Much of the problems in the country right now are a result of "magical thinking" - unsupported beliefs taken as fact at face value.

Claiming 3x's ATR on a regular basis is not a trivial claim. It is an outlier among most professional fund managers.

The onus of proving that claim does not lie with those disparaging the claim. It lies with the person making the claim.

To dissuade "magical thinking", such a person should adhere to the scientific method, gladly providing data and test results that can be run to objectively reproduce the claim.

To abandon the scientific method is to devolve into "faith-based magical thinking". It is anti-scientific.

That is (I believe) what is at the heart of bwolinsky's objections (rants?). For someone who claims a scientific background, abandoning the scientific method should be a form of sacrilege.

Magical Thinking is what put the entire country into the toilet, and I wouldn't advocate it's use on a personal level either.

#39     Nov 22, 2011
  9. I don't ever think I have problems accepting people or whatever beliefs they might have. Making 3x the daily ATR is not a belief, it is a lie. Beliefs must be either faith based, supported by logic, or have their basis in any superstition that might apply to this situation.

Claims or those who would like to believe the claims of somebody without proof is no different than faith, but as far as faith goes, I have no faith in Jack Hershey to lose so it's not like I'm losing any and whatever you might say about it Jack Hershey is a fucking lunatic, going around making random posts that have never been clearly or logically articulated, and that is part of the fraud.

#40     Nov 22, 2011