Rants against Hershey and those who follow his posts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by baro-san, Nov 18, 2011.

Do you want the rants against Hershey and those who follow his posts to stop?

1. Yes: I wont them to stop

25 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No: I think they have informational value

41 vote(s)
    54.7%
  3. Other or no opinion

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. I personally don't like bashing, as it is not productive. But I would say this:

1) if the JH system works as described, there should be a managed fund running it, since plenty would kill to get 3x's ATR/day returns (or 2x's ATR. or 1xs ATR consistently).

2) the person(s) successfully running the system can trade OPM, and live very well off just the fees. Does such a fund exist?

3) the system should be able to be backtested with report results - not as a definitive, but to see how it behaves in up/down/chop markets.

The ONLY reason to ask for verification of such claims as have been made is this:

IF JH is truly trying to help people, and not simply a charlatan, then the one most valuable asset every person has is TIME.

Why? Because it is 100% perishable and cannot be hoarded nor returned to you.

So unless there is some verifiable proof to the claims of whatever the claim is, spending time running in circles pursuing it is a Time Vampire, which is the same as a Life Vampire. Your life would be better served taking a nice walk and smelling the flowers.

#11     Nov 18, 2011
  2. piezoe

piezoe

The problem with Hershey and the problem with intelligent responding, is how do you respond with something of "value", as you say, to lunacy.

#12     Nov 18, 2011
  3. xiaodre

xiaodre

Well, this is the nature of the internet. And to a point, seemingly the nature of this site. Alot of the time it's not pretty, and alot of the time, people are disrespectful to other people. And I guess the terms misanthropic behavior come to mind. But, generally I think the moderators do a decent job and for the most part are not that heavy-handed.

Do I personally think Trader28, or whoever now, I lost count years ago, is wasting their time instead of continuing old journals or providing useful postings in general? Sure! Then again, Jack flamed him on his own thread way back when too. And apparently Jack does not have much patience for other methods. Which is also a fail.

But, I also figure eventually people learn to filter out what they don't find to be useful.

#13     Nov 18, 2011
  4. Redneck

Redneck

My opinion = I don’t give a rats ass one way or t’ other

-------------------------------------------------------------

Simply an observation;

I have yet to see anyone post an “objective” recount of his posts... which I find interesting…, in and of – itself….

They reek of several characteristics that are utterly counter to successful trading… and to the altruism he espouses

Also amazing; if anyone else posted they way he does – would be laughed off this forum/ chastised/ completely ignored in NY second…

I’m also amused at the number of posts deleted by him... and by his overseers

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tis certain he is a lightening rod for emotion – but then unabashed emotion is absolutely vital while trading – yup, absolutely vital it is

RN

#14     Nov 18, 2011
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

throw in a NDA then you have it, give this man a cigar.

#15     Nov 18, 2011
  6. So you are saying such a fund exists?

NDA would be non-disclosure of methods. Are you saying the existence of the fund itself and/or it's performance returns are secret?

Steve Cohen doesn't disclose his methods, but everybody knows he's trading billions.

If the JH fund is killing it, making 3x's ATR regularly, then he must be known in exchange circles at least as much as Cohen is.

#16     Nov 18, 2011
  7. Trust me, mods do try to curb posts that violate policy. If you see such a post, please use the complain button.

Look, anyone who says something you don't agree with is going to get attacked. It's not just JH. Many of the popular threads had to be cleaned out due to the crazies.

#17     Nov 19, 2011
  8. Are'nt you tired,Tess Trueheart?

#18     Nov 19, 2011
  9. Maybe the dream needs to stay alive for all the dreamers/losers here on ET..:cool:

#19     Nov 19, 2011
  10. I'm looking for the performance ranking of the JH Fund on Morningstar, Barrons and SkyRank. There must be multitudes of banks and individuals looking to get in. I can't seem to find it.

With 3x's ATR daily the brokers can't keep that quiet for long.

Can someone help?

Or - is it just a Time Vampire...?

#20     Nov 19, 2011