Ranking of World Universities

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FreedomPhighter, Jul 14, 2003.

1. I wonder what the general consensus of the ranking is? I like this particular ranking system because it considers factors which schools can not easily fudge to obtain higher scores (i.e. nobel laureates, highly cited researchers, etc...Check out the following link:

http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/ranking.htm

2. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

the university I graduated from, UCLA (class of 86) came in 15th, so it looks like a good list to me (^_^)

ken

3. Eldredge

Eldredge

It looks like they are very biased towards science and not business.

4. It's a good list, which I can agree with... but, like Ken, I am biased :p

5. jessie

jessie

Sorry, but ranking Michigan above Wisconsin is just ridiculous!!! They don't even serve beer in their student union!
    GO BADGERS!!!!!!
    Jessie

6. Jessie-
    i like the way you think! beer on campus sounds great.

My decision was very easy...since my family had very little money, and my grades were not good enough for scholarship, I did what I thought would make me most happy.

I went to the bookstore and looked in one of those college ranking books and found a few that I had a chance of getting into.
    Then I picked the one with the highest % of females. :D

I had the time of my life.

Happy Trading.:cool:

A link to my new love. www.franziskaner.com

"To become a master of speculation you first must master yourself."

7. Total bollocks. Bunch of Chinese dudes trying to quantify and rank mostly American universities based on frivolous information. Did you guys even read their ranking methodology? Rutgers, Univ of Minnesota/Wisconsin and Penn State ranked higher than Brown and NYU???? Give me a break!

I think I'll stick with the USNews rankings instead.

8. Even though I'm a grad of MIT , I have worked with some VERY smart people who went here http://www.iitd.ernet.in/ but it's ranked 450-500? Give me a break, that school could easily be in the top ten for the world.

9. Didn't look at the list before my first post...but what do you know , my school is on the top American Universities! Oh yeah....you go boy! Lol.:cool:

10. So does this mean one has a better chance of becoming a Nobel laureate, highly successful researcher, or a publisher of scientific material if they receive their education from one of these schools?

Let's see....graduates from my school-Hawthorne (I never really wrote well), Chamberlain (I never lead an army on the battlefield), Peary (I've never been North of Iceland), Benoit-Samuelson (I can barely run a six minute mile)

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I don't understand the relevance or correlation.

Oh, someone better tell the Chinese that put together the list that Canada is not part of the US.

:eek:

#10     Jul 14, 2003