Rank ET's P&R posters on the political spectrum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Sep 18, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The accuracy of this ranking is astonishing in so far as it agrees with my own perception of these guys to a high degree.

I think of myself as a Goldwater arch-conservative but there seems to be lots of people more conservative than I. Perhaps I've spent too much of my life in southern California and the political landscape of my mind has become contaminated. :D

#21     Sep 19, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I wouldn't lump AK and FT into the same category (bozos).

FT is an ignorant hater. I don't think AK is either. He is, to my thinking, a fervent Obama supporter and shows up with data and facts imho.

#22     Sep 19, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I am to the right of my hero, Ronald Reagan.
    I would place myself somewhere between Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul.
    It is clear that I am going to have to start posting like a FOX News Zombie to get proper placement in brother Tao's list. ;>)

(Fun, Interesting thread, brother Tao.)

#23     Sep 19, 2012
  4. Mav88

Mav88

political spectrums are not one dimensional, probably about 10 axes are needed.

As far as fiscal policy, the left has made that a social issue, so there is no longer a social-fiscal divide. If you are against redistribution you are a racist for instance. The left also claims to be socially liberal but then want to control what you can say, consume, watch on TV, and who you can hire.

If I had to make one axis, I would make it a spectrum of government control versus freedom. Some 'right leaning' folks would fall further left than they would imagine, like with their desire to keep the war on drugs.

#24     Sep 19, 2012
  5. No fair, Obviously you penalized me for being a homo:D

#25     Sep 19, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

To be fair there's probably five categories:

Brain dead.

Left leaning.

Libertarian.

Right leaning.

FOX News Zombie.

#26     Sep 19, 2012
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Always a bridesmaid. o_O

#27     Sep 19, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

A gay conservative is a relatively rare creature I would think. Do you have to conceal your political affiliation?

I live mostly surrounded by liberals and sometimes its just easier for me to keep quiet though I have let off the occasionally incendiary comment at the dinner table at family social events when I've heard enough nonsense lol.

#28     Sep 19, 2012
  9. Yes , it can be surprisingly difficult to pose as a liberal dumbass.

The funniest thing is you can be mocking them with extreme versions of their own liberal tripe and few ever catch on.

There's something about liberalism : in that the stupider you sound, the more legitimacy they give your views.

case in point: biden

#29     Sep 19, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Well don't feel bad, I'm engaged to a far left-wing liberal and will probably end up living in her home town which is a haven for ex-hippies and the militant left. There is a little "Occupy" tent downtown with a few dreadlocked guys beating drums and chanting anti-capitalist slogans in their tie-dyed shirts and birkenstock sandals.

And I was *so* close to leaving the country when this came up. Life can be a very strange ride.

#30     Sep 19, 2012