Range Controlled Geometry

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RCG Trader, Nov 29, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yeah, but that is only 40-cents. :D

#41     Dec 12, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

How does that work? Without real time calls there is no way to audit this process. Do you know easy it is on Oanda to create 30 different $1 accounts and then report the highest performing account at the end of the month?

Maybe I missed some of the previous dialogue but who is this other poster? I thought this was your journal. Don't worry about what other people are posting. Just give us one month of real time calls. This way the calls can be evaluated, not the account which can be one of hundreds.

#42     Dec 12, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Why do you think he refuses to show his daily pnl when he has already proclaimed to be "profitable every single day?"

Seems awfully odd when that is his claim and he only shows a blotter every 6-7 days, lol, I have a feeling he loses money every single day in between his blotter posts.

#43     Dec 13, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Max you and I both trade. You and I both know the reality that this business is tough. It's actually a lot more then tough. I've been around thousands of traders. Some of them actually are pretty insanely talented. The fact of the matter is, you and I know that real traders don't talk like that. Kind of like the guy who claims to get laid every night usually never gets laid. Guys who make money at this know how hard it is. When Ron talks about how easy it all is and how he makes money everyday is a perfect example of someone trying to fit into an environment that he doesn't fit in to.

If I had to guess, this guy was waiting and waiting and waiting for what he thought would be the perfect setup where he could put on a trade and sit on it and make money then stop the journal and then claim all his trades are like that one. Unfortunately this one trade was a disaster and now that won't work. To be fair to Ron, I've never met a FX trader that makes money daytrading every night like he claims. He was simply making a preposterous claim. And no, I don't buy the over night nurse shift because he wants to give back to the community. Although there is nothing wrong with earning a day's labor doing a real job. I just always knew that he couldn't live off his FX winnings like he claimed.

#44     Dec 13, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah, I tried digging deeper on the claim of "making money every single day" to see if it was just inverted risk reward, ive got reversion stuff like that, but i have to keep the initial size so small on those trades, that i can only make a few thousand a month off of them, because 1 trade that doesnt bounce will end a month or two, so you have to be ready for that, I have more than enough capital to do it, but he is operating on what i can only assume is a 2-3k account at oanda, When i asked him about it he didnt seem to understand what i was talking about, so I call bullshit on him "making money every single day."

unless we are to believe that RCG trader really figured out some savage arbitrage system for the forex, a market with unlimited liquidity, that only he knows about, in which case he is an idiot for trading a 1$ account on oanda, when he could literally print money...... :D

#45     Dec 13, 2012
  6. I will say it again. I make money every day. The details will be disclosed at the end of the month.

#46     Dec 13, 2012
  7. I begin scaling out as price goes against me. I trade in set units. So on day one, I went in with 50%, day 2, added another 25%, day three took off 25%, day four another 25%, day five another 25% and finally closed it yesterday.

So I will definitely make it to the end of the month.:)

#47     Dec 13, 2012
  8. No, I trade in four units.

#48     Dec 13, 2012
  9. Oanda

#49     Dec 13, 2012
  10. Max E.

Max E.

You have yet to explain to us how you can take a short position of 50%, at 88.31 on day one, add 25% as it goes against you, then buy 25% as it goes further against you, then buy back 25% when it goes even further against you, then buy another 25% even further against you then buy the rest at the top, and turn a profit.

I mean, If this works, clearly the rest of us have been doing something wrong all these years.

#50     Dec 13, 2012