Randy "baby killer" Neugebauer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Propaganda email from the office of:
    “Randy, what in the world is going on with out-of-control spending in Washington D.C.?”_ is a question I am frequently asked. Unfortunately, easy and clear answers are hard to come by because the issues are (needlessly) complex._ I am going to take a moment to try to make things a little clearer.__

Today, the House of Representatives voted for short-term funding for the federal government._ This short-term measure is known as a continuing resolution or “CR”._ The “CR” we voted on today is the 6th passed in the House since the fiscal year started on October 1, 2010._ These “CR”s are necessary because the Democrats failed to do their job when they controlled the Congress, which is why many of them got sent home._ They failed to pass a budget, failed to pass appropriations bills to fund the government long-term and they failed to fund the government for the remainder of the year._ When we took over the majority in January 2011, House Republicans inherited this situation and are doing our best to fix it in a responsible way._ That being said, the fiscal situation we find ourselves in right now took years to build and it won’t be fixed in weeks or months._ Bringing fiscal sanity back to Washington and reforming the way government works will be a marathon and not a sprint.

I voted “yes” on the “CR” we passed today and I want to explain why. The President and the Democrats have failed miserably in offering their own plans or solutions. In fact, they have offered nothing substantive. Like a good marriage, the husband and wife have to communicate to work out their differences. In this marriage, all the communications have been one way. Vice President Biden, tasked with negotiating on behalf of the administration, took his orders from the President and promptly left the country. I don’t see how Mr. Biden meeting with Prime Minister Putin helps our dire fiscal problems.

This mess was created over a long period of time, and will not be solved overnight – but we must begin and continue to make serious and substantive budget cuts if our country is to survive._ We have started to accomplish this with the $10 billion in cuts in the two most recent “CRs”._ We have a long way to go, but these cuts were a significant step in the right direction.

Now is not the time for political grandstanding, but rather, it is time to take action on reducing the binge spending spree this country has been on for too long. I am a proud conservative who votes my conscience, and I sincerely believe the citizens of the 19th Congressional District also want strong, honest action taken on the federal budget.

The truth is the Democrats failed to act responsibility for the past several years, and frankly, have been dishonest about their intentions. I do not respect this dishonesty and am proud the Republicans are fighting back with everything we have. Many will say we are not going far enough, but the truth is we have made more progress in cutting federal spending during the past five weeks than the Democrats did in 104 weeks._ That fact speaks for itself. John Adams, one of our nation’s founding fathers and our country’s second president, said it best: “Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”

My vote for the “CR” reflects my belief that we must do everything we can for our children and grandchildren by placing the country back on a sound fiscal course. If we fail to do so, our nation will suffer terribly.