Randomized Rants and Equal-distribution Goodies

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by WDGann, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Oh... no... another early morning and I'm bored... I have about 3 1/2 hours till the market opens and doing some side jobs for my career. Yeah... I'm bored again... Maybe something to pleasure traderkay again.

It's art. A few weeks ago, I was talking in ET Chat and one of the regulars got me thinking about music.

There's never been a program that creates a music that people are intrigued to. Whether it be a big hit loved by everyone or some cult music that are accepted by only a limited number, it's always been true that only a human creates a music that is accepted by other humans.

Then there's art as in painting.... that's a hard part... there's a artistic orangutan. There's been monkeys intriguing others. But at least they're close to us... hrmmm...

So what about trading...

There's never been an pure AI that has been making money. There's always an human influence over the AI, at least, that is and has made money.

I wonder if monkeys... maybe gorillas can trade well as humans...

#11     Nov 3, 2003
  2. wow how insightful

#12     Nov 3, 2003
  3. Anti- anti-Market Wizard

I used to like the book, Market Wizard (MW). It was placed on the bookshelf at all times 3 years ago. Now, it lies within a box of books.

I had the chance to re-organize the books and pull out some old math related books that I bought during my research days. I found MW and started reading the book.

It's awkward to look back at these old books. In a sense of psychological mind set, it's a great book to relate to some traders. But it's also amazing how the market has evolved so much. I thought how some of the technical basis they have doesn't work in the market these days. And the stuff they do now is actually a minimal norm or utterly useless.

The market seemed to have evolved so much... so much harder...

But then it becomes why?

First, there's lower commission rate.

Second, there's more information and easier access to the market.

Well, something didn't seem right so I did some testings...

It works. It actually still does. Bwahahahaha

Then I checked if moving averages work under the same condition. It also works.

Seriously, most of the traders including myself have put a mindset towards trading. Reflectively, it's a simple and stupid thing but it's nice to break out of those mindsets that you create to trade the market.

How many people can say the human nature never changes? Me for one.

There's so many people who can say market is always changing... cause they lose their technical edge.

Oh.. it's another trivial post. I hate giving answers.... LOL... Well, let's say you imagine the other side of the trade. Is it an individual or the whole bunch of people? Now, if you were to take the latter... what do you do...

:) ... Simple... but comes down to trader's preference.

PS. It sucks to have the DSL down for 2 days. It's a frustrating.

#13     Nov 4, 2003
  4. Did you know there's a FIA Convention happening at Chicago's Hyatt?

Well, I actually went there...

It's awkward how it's hard to network at a place like that.

Well, then there was a party by US Futures Exchange aka Eurex.

Damn... I was networking with a buzz and it went well...

I was rippin' the place meeting and talking to people. My stupid jokes were supposedly really funny and I was supposedly very smart...

Sushi, Sake, Sex!!!!

#14     Nov 7, 2003
  5. yea just pull out a few of your trivialities and people will go "wow this WDGann is real sophisticated fella. maybe we should give im sushi and sex."

#15     Nov 7, 2003
  6. Don't forget the elephants! True story. :)

I'm not sure I understood the post at the top of this page. Are you saying you used to like MW, then you didn't, and now you do again? And regarding "It works. It actually still does. Bwahahahaha" - what does?

#16     Nov 7, 2003
  7. I'm reading all these thing in ET saying how fear and greed is causing so-and-so to lose....

Seriously, when a person starts writing in ET's psychology or trading forum saying they're need help... there's problem...

For one it's a lack of confidence. What makes you write in an internet forum and ask for advice???? Can it also be that you are tired... can it be that the market changed and the edge ( which you thought you had ) has been gone....

Simply, fear and greed doesn't answer the question for the doubts. It's got a multi-diimentional aspect to why a person loses. I can mention millions of reasons "why" a person can lose in the market without mentioning "fear and greed".

Stop writing "shit" or some cliche response saying "It's fear or greed"...

Problem occurs... Compromise your self-recognition and ego... and say it's "fear and greed" ....

Bwahahahahahahaaha....

"Fear and greed" excuse is funny... Again, it's an excuse!

Be productive... Rather than telling a person to get rid of "fear and greed", tell him "what" to do...

#17     Dec 18, 2003
  8. Thinking of posting stuff....

Any thoughts on what's would be good journal?

#18     Feb 14, 2004
  9. kserra

kserra

The problem you expressed above about describing the taste of an orange is a common problem is philosophy. I believe it is commonly reffered to as the qualia problem.

The most common example used is as follows:

There is a scientist, who specializes in the field of color recognizition as processed by the brain. This scientist knows everything about color and how the brain processes color and recognizes color, however there is one problem, the scientist is color blind. Therefore is it possible that the scientist already knows the experience of color, even though the scientist has never experienced the quality of color.

#19     Feb 14, 2004
  10. Exactly... :D

#20     Feb 15, 2004