Random Rants and Market Ideas

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Jun 2, 2005.

1. I like this concept!

Yes, it is shameless self-promotion but he comes across clean, likable and understandable - not like a "smooth con man."

Couple suggestions...

One, do the whole video, adding your face, upper torso / hand movement.

It would better the vids more than just hearing your voice. You could also then show charts and stuff.

Actually, in their current format, these are not "videos" at all, they are "audios."

Also, I think this thread should be moved to Journals, not sitting here on the Trading forum.

that way it would give us other showmen a fair chance for our own shameless self-promotion. :D

Hey, this guy's outdoing ME! :D

Best regards, B, and good luck.

Saham (aka World's Greatest Currency - and soon to be Stock - Trader)

#51     Jul 4, 2005
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

#52     Jul 4, 2005
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Im going to be doing a scanning group at 930 in my Hotcomm room. I can be found on relay in Swingtradingchannel.

Brandon

#55     Jul 7, 2005
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Starting in 3 minutes.

Brandon

#56     Jul 7, 2005
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

it ask for password?

#57     Jul 7, 2005
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Should be Brandon but im just finishing up.

Brandon

#58     Jul 7, 2005
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

http://www.brandonfredrickson.com/videos/july8.html

Currently Open.

LU from 3.00
    GR from 42.50
    CCRT from 35.10
    SIRI from 6.65
    TGT from 56.60
    GES from 18.30
    JAH from 56.00

Watching For Buys
    CME +295
    BMC +18.50
    TXI + 58.25
    EQIX + 43.40

Watching for shorts:
    Nothing on the radar right now.

I think that todays recovery after the attacks on civilians in London showed that the market was/is stronger than I suspected it to be. Over the next few days we will see how well the market can hold up after its come back today, and that will tell us many things. In the mean time, Our hearts go out to the victims of todays attack.

Brandon

#59     Jul 7, 2005
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

"How do you find your stocks? Is there is scanner you use, or do you do it the old fashioned way and flip charts?"

Well I think most people get scammed when they come into the markets. They think they can spend a few hours a week and produce stellar results, but nothing could be further from the trust in my own experiance and from what I have seen in others who do well at this. For most of us it probably borders on an unhealthy obsession..it might even cross the border.

I work all day every day. My livelyhood depends on outperforming people who are smarter than me, so my only option really is to outwork them. I spend on average 14 to 16 hours a day Sunday through Friday. I take most of the day Saturday off but if I am really working on something then I will do the time Saturday too.

I read everything I can get my hands on. Thestreet.com, Marketwatch, Money Magazine, Barrons, Wall Street Journal, Economist, Fortune, IBD. I also watch PBS's Financial Program at night. In the morning before the bell I have Bloomberg TV and also have Bloomberg and Reuters news. I look at these to see what is happening and how its moving stuff. I dont really think I get anything before someone else does, but the reactions can be important.

For scanning I mostly do it the old fashion way. I look at every stock in the SP500, 400 and 600 every day. I use a number of Jeff's scans at www.tradingscans.com which saves me a ton of time. I also have Etables from Investors.com which allows me to look at the New Highs, New America stocks etc etc etc. I use dailygraphs each night to look at stocks. If I find something that interests me I will research it more, looking at the company, its products, its finances, key people etc. Sometimes I will get analysts reports but not too often. I spend too much time on message boards too just seeing what people are thinking and doing.

Sunday is really my big day, I tend to spend at least 16 hours, Im usually up until Toni starts screaming at me to come to bed. I probably look at 5000 stocks charts on sunday. I also go over all the 197 IBD subgroup charts to see if there are any I want to really pay attention too. When I find a group that has a nice chart I will look at all the stocks in that group nad try to find some charts I like. Once I find some charts I research the company more to see if I really like it. If I really like it then I have to decide if I want to buy it.

All this because I grew up trailer trash poor and wanted to have money when I grew up so I could get girls...and Im still with the girl I was dating when I was a senior in HS...probably because after all these years she is the only one willing to put up with me. Lucky for me she trades as well and is nearly as interested in the market as I am.

Anyway, without laying out the entire process, which I wont do, thats the basics..and with that if your the obsessive type you can figure something out that will work for you as well.

#60     Jul 7, 2005