Random Rants and Market Ideas by Brandonf

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Brandonf, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

A couple of these are gapping up above the entry this morning. When that occurs I wait for the first pivot point to be put in and do not buy until it trades above that point.

Brandoin

#11     Oct 20, 2005

2. its not that simple i think -> unlike most traders, myself included to a degree they trade off ' if XYZ happens, do ABC ' style, i think brandon explains what XYZ is and what type of ABC you should do and why, a continually adapative style which has to be the key to longetivity in the markets.

question to brandon; your managing 35 big ones -> do you find it easier to sit in cash mentally because the interest earned of that alone is enough to live on, unlike a retail trader who has a constant hunger?

p.s. i dont trade stocks but i like your style of macro/technical filtering and then applying positioning accordingly. would i be right in saying that your analysis is not that complex but the difficult part is keeping a clear, open mind and consistent application, and being ready to flip on a dime?

#12     Oct 20, 2005
  3. WCC was a great base breakout.. good sector and great fundies..

#13     Oct 20, 2005
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

No. I have a perfomance hurdle that I have to clear before I get paid and interest alone would not cover it. I have to add value with what I do or I wont get paid, but I still have bills to pay. I have never really had a problem with cash though, even when I only had $20,000 because I have always considered it a valid trade to be in at certain times. If I look at the market and I can not make heads or tails of it, or if I simply missed the opportunity and now I have to wait, the only real choice is cash.

Brandon

#14     Oct 20, 2005
  5. just thought a reiteration would be appropriate at this point. np.

#15     Oct 20, 2005
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I am really not pleased with BA so I am going to go ahead and close it. Back to 100% cash for me. BA resulted in a small loss from the $68.00 newsletter entry.

#16     Oct 20, 2005
  7. lol. i hope you didnt take yourself too seriously, otherwise it would have been extremely painful.

#17     Oct 20, 2005
  8. Brandon,

I hope you will keep up with these journals that you comment on and that you continue to provide your usual background for your bias and positions. I enjoy reading your posts and watching the camtasia videos. Take care.

#18     Oct 20, 2005
  9. I observed that all of the stocks on your list of buys triggered today. However, I see no updates with regards to whether or not you are still in these positions.

#19     Oct 20, 2005
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I am going to be doing a scanning group tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern on Hotcomm. It is on Relay 10 in Mainstreet.

During the scanning group you are able to watch as I look at the markets and discuss current market conditions and opportunities. They normally will last an hour or two.

Brandon

#20     Oct 20, 2005