Random Rants and All the Other Goodies

Discussion in 'Journals' started by TSaimoto, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Tsaimoto,

I like this journal. It's a good review. It's like I'm back in Time. I understand the concept but you might want to explain it better. I don't think newbies will see the relationship of angles and how important numbers are represented in the angles.

Trend456

#11     Oct 1, 2002
  2. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Newbies should read first and then ask me. I'm not here to explain the Gann's books and courses for them. I can only help, not do the work for them.

I'm getting worried this thread might turn into a Gann thread... I'll write about something different tomorrow.

#12     Oct 1, 2002
  3. Here's your chance. Did you learn your speed reading technique or is it a natural ability? Were any books helpful?

Thanks

#13     Oct 1, 2002
  4. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Thanks... I needed that...

Well, I taught myself after high school. so... 18 or 19.

I started with a speed reading program called Evylin Wood Rapid Reading. It was a 3 day seminar teaching the basic skills. Then I changed it for my own good. I really needed to read a lot of books because I didn't study much in high school and I needed to make up for that.

Reading becomes a fun thing after you get the hang of it. Never felt that way when I was in school.

#14     Oct 1, 2002
  5. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

No, Time aspect solely does not have Fibonacci ratio in it. But because "Time and Price" aspect, the price overbalances the time.

It's a wierd thing I'm saying but that is why there is time and price "over"-balance. Ahhh, well... I hope someone in here understands what I'm writing about.

Feels lonely to be the only person writing about Gann... *sob*

NNNNnoooooooooottttttt..... LOL

#15     Oct 2, 2002
  6. Are there any books out there that teaches the concepts of speed reading?

With your experience in this business, what have you noticed about the traders that have succeeded and failed in this business?

Thanks.. I like the way the thread is going so far

Andy

#16     Oct 2, 2002
  7. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

I have a bad cold and stayed home sleeping so I'm intending to make today's journal short. I'll just reply with some questions, first.

1. Speedreading - It's "Evelyn Wood". The book I have is by Stanley D. Frank, Ed. D called "The Evelyn Wood 7-day speed reading and learning program". I took the seminar for this and went through the course so that's the Evelyn Wood book that I know of and the only book I have. Good luck.

2. Commonality between traders who are successful or not? Guys who come in and brag about making more money than anyone in the firm or brag about how good they are usually lose money. Guys who are listening and observing are usually good. They're very independent and self-reliant but also very observing and listening. I've never had a good trader come in who asked for help. They know how to help themselves.

3. PMs that questioned about me... I don't have a mentor. I'm self taught Gann Analyst... In this business for 7 years. My system that I base my trading signal is not Gann related... Didn't I mention Volatility Breakout? I've started to meet traders after I made my core style.

#17     Oct 2, 2002
  8. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

I have no idea what to write about with this cold. It's a weird feeling being sick. You think you're head is straight but when you look back you find yourself writing stupid stuff. So I'm going to start writing a stupid journal today to laugh at myself when I look back.

It's very awkward waking up every 2 hours because your not trading. You know you have to rest but right when you start feeling nice and comfy... boom... it just wakes you up. Then I look at the computer to check how the market is doing. I know I have to take my mind off the market and rest for tomorrow morning but it's very hard.

Now that I think of it, I've been thinking I've controlled my innerself to be able to trade. But maybe I'm not controlling it but actually adapted to the trading lifestyle and mindset. Is that really control? I'm sick in bed and telling myself to take my mind off something and I can't!!! I need to think about this, gimme some opinions on this will ya.

Ahhh... anyways... that my journal for the day...

PS. Aphie, sorry about your journal.

#18     Oct 2, 2002
  9. Best book I know about speed reading is
    called

Photoreading The Whole Mind Experience
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=sr_8_1/002-1187473-4693658?v=glance&n=507846

#19     Oct 3, 2002
  10. why the name change it's hard to keep track
    Robert

#20     Oct 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.