Random Rants and All the other Goodies 2 - No, not a Gann journal...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by WDGann, Jan 7, 2003.

1. OK, first with my trading...

I let go of the open and waited until the market made of bottom. I was trading here and there and market was ranging and I ended up breaking even. I was waiting for the market to break the range or show some changes.

First, the market didn't hit the bottom to make a triple bottom and started moving up. Then I stayed being long with an occational short which I scalped. Most of them were breakeven but I stayed long most of the time nailing the moves.

I ended up with 17 handles and I have a long position with a swing trade position sizing and it's up 3.5 handles... nice day. Also, I have the swing's stop at breakeven so let's see how that guy turns out to be.

==========================

Funny thing is Gann did work well, but I traded better. I thought the market was going to top at 1392(minor res.) or 1395(major res.). Well, it didn't even though it did go between.

Also, I got back to using trendlines on my intraday charts rather than just using Gann. That helped me out with entries and stops. I haven't gone back to using systems but still it worked great. "Trend is your friend... Trendline is best friends with Gann"

Gann Wheel... I guess I'm going to stick to using it on my Daily+ Charts and not on my intraday. They make me marry to an idea too much. Also, there's too much information I get from my own head that it makes me ignore the market itself. Good lesson learned.

Future rants, I plan on writing... speed-reading revisited...

Good trading everyone... and please fill the poll if you haven't...

#51     Jan 23, 2003
  2. noo not the speed reading:) btw handle = 1 point?

#52     Jan 23, 2003
  3. OK, not the speed reading... :D

Yes, 1 handle = 1 point... 1 tick = 0.5 (For NQ...)

#53     Jan 23, 2003
  4. My eyes get tired around 1pm...

I'm blaming it on my CRT screens so I'm going to get me some anti-glare filter for my screen. If that doesn't work... LCD coming to my house...

Time to get ready for some E-baying!!!

#54     Jan 23, 2003
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

get LCD, filter will not work, I have filter on my LCD I rather not to have filter but I gotta use it.

#55     Jan 23, 2003
  6. i like your new sign off line, wd. very original !

best,

surfer:)

#56     Jan 23, 2003
  7. Well, as you know... I have this beef with Sarasota about him being a spammer (I got to PM him and he says it's one of his students... but who knows...) Well, from that I went into Pyrapoint and found some viable information in there as a Gann Trader. I've noticed that quite a few things can be systemized and my instincts are telling me it would work great even under a system so I'm in the making of that. I did code the Square of Nine Values so I'll just give that out:

Sq9lvl = Round(SquareRoot(TopBottom) / 2, 0);

Sq9Start = Square((Sq9Lvl * 2) - 1) + 1;

Sq9End = Square((Sq9Lvl * 2) + 1);

Sq9Range = Sq9End - Sq9Start;

Sq9Degree = Sq9Range / 360;

Sq11 = Sq9Degree * 11.125;

I've already had some Systematic Gann Logic into Tradestation so I pulled that out. Well, I added a few more things and had TS draw some lines based on it. I was able to duplicate the charts on the Pyrapoints websites also.

Now, I'm onto setting the Buy and Sell signals. Some guys in Pyrapoint uses Stochastics but I'd like to have the signals come out purely on the Levels and Angles(Trendlines function in TS). Well... that's what I'm going to work on this weekend.

After that, I'm going to put my knowledge and experience of Gann to a system.

Will I be the first person to systemize Gann??? Who knows...

At least I'm freagin' mojoing... Woooot!!!

#57     Jan 25, 2003
  8. Oh... it's 11.25... not 11.125... 360/32... you know...

#58     Jan 25, 2003
  9. I stop my programming and I'm going to take a break...

Gonna drink some beer, enjoy the game and get ready for tomorrow...

Good luck all and have a nice Monday opening...

#59     Jan 26, 2003
  10. hey gann, lose the postscript.

#60     Jan 26, 2003