Random Rants and All the other Goodies 2 - No, not a Gann journal...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by WDGann, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Oh man... I've got sooo... much studying to do...

1. My Gann Analysis. As most of you know marketsurfer uses the Gann Wheel. I have a few suspective concepts of how he uses it. I'm going to try to figure it out...

2. Toby Crabel's Stuff. Systems, systems, systems... Ideas, ideas, ideas, too little little little time to do it all

3. Stocks. I used to trade it systematically. Now I'm thinking of trading it discretionary... Too much products to research

4. Bonds. I'm thinking of going into bonds too... too much research to do in here.

5. Forex. Same as stocks and bonds.

=============================

As this title says... A challenge to figure surf's Neo-Gann Channel...

Solely, on concepts... I'd like to give a little surf reportish number:

My charts are saying 1474.14... based on the concept it's saying 1472... I'm usually off with my own calc. so that might be something important...

Eventually going to 1517, in a few days time... making it like a double top in the daily chart...

Never made an analysis with this concept. So how would I trade it??? I guess I won't... I'm still in the experimental stage...

Other than that... Bullish until the COMPX hits 1472... take some profits and stalk the market. If it seems strong I'll re-buy until it hits 1517 area.

If I'm right... just proves marketsurfer's good... not me...

If I'm wrong... I have to revisit some of his past numbers to figure how he uses it...

Probably time of reversal (I suspect to be hit) on my 30 min chat:

10:00am and 2:30pm

#41     Jan 15, 2003
  2. Oh... man... now I'm getting 1470 and 1514...

Gawd... I guess I'll stick to the first one though...

Also, if anyone actually knows how he uses it... don't bother telling me... I will figure it out on my own...

Arrgghhh... what I have to go through to get better...

I get my ideas from this site:

http://www.surf-report.com/

Bon wave, monsier...

#42     Jan 15, 2003
  3. OK... I've had a crappy day...

I traded solely with Gann today without any systems. I kept on getting buy situations and kept on going down...

It's a been a while since I've had a losing day... -8.0 points...

Obviously, there's something wrong today... My timing was very off...

Well, I keep on getting an analysis that tells me to buy. Or is it just me being biased thinking it's telling me that... ??? Well, I myself as a Ganntrader took me this far so gotta believe in it.

Regardless of that, time for some time off and refresh... I'm going to take a lo---ng weekend from Friday...

I may be too tired with all the computers and studies...\

Gawd... let's see...

Time for some major disciplining(I'm not a masochist... LOL) no matter the results...

#43     Jan 15, 2003
  4. I took the loss for the opening and currently flat. I'm going to take some time off. No trading until at least Tues. next week.

For the next few days, I'm planning on revisiting my trades since I went discretionary. I'm extremely good on most days but 2 consecutive losing days is very inconsistant. I haven't had that for quite a while.

That might be something to expect for a discretionary trader but I've traded more consistantly from trading as a signal trader. I don't care too much about the loss itself but care what made me make that loss.

I do see a few obvious problems and I just have to do through a personal trial and error to see what works for me. First thing is the trading in itself. Second thing is my life style. Third, is my personal stress.

Well... after revisiting everthing thoroughly, I'm taking sometime off. Maybe visit a few old friends in LA or just party my ass off in Rush...

As for today... I'm just going to play video games(I buy a lot of games but never get to play them...) , watch TV, and sleep. I'm going to put trading aside for a while...

#44     Jan 16, 2003
  5. Well, well... the market closed the day session. Well, I took my losses and stayed flat all day... I feel good about going out. I couldn't sleep so well last night and was thinking why I'm holding that loss. My personal analysis was, "I didn't want to prove my Gann Analysis to be wrong..." So I moved my stops up and it got filled and feel good about what I did.

Any how, I did write about writing about time so I guess I'll start now... so today's rant is "Time... kinda like trading way"

First, I'll start off about Time from my recent (today) experience. Time management is important. Planning out what you have to do during the day is one of your job as a trader to start off with a fresh and healthy trading day.

Personally, I've only had 3-4 hours of sleep for the past few weeks. There's so much I want to get over with. It's mostly research stuff but I really want to get them over with. Finding edge to trade under different markets using Gann, system developement, personal stuff, and others.

Sure, I'm 25 and still young and I can with stand the lack of sleep. But feeling drowsy and hot headed with a bias in trading like yesterday with my bullishness? That doens't work out. That's one thing I learned yesterday... keeping a balanced lifestyle and managing your time is important...

==========

OK... now technical aspects of Time. I'm a pure-Gannist, all my esoteric wierd ass "SHIT (Poop... LOL...)" comes from time. The reason why is the nature of a cycle. In a wave of cycle analysis, the frequency of a cycle never changes. But in return the amplitude of the volume is always changing. From that, I concentrate on Time of the cycle rather than the price when doing Gann.

Well, enough of Gann Analysis... There's one important aspect in trading, which is timing. It's the "when" part of putting an order in. Even if you get overall trend or the momentum correct, if you have the timing wrong, you going to be in a repetition of drawdowns and lack in efficiency when you exit.

Timing is hard when trading. First you need speed to put the analysis into action. In another words, you need to react fast. Brain doesn't work so well in a reactionary situation. First, it stalls, then it needs to digest the situation, and finally come up with a conclusion. To trade it, you need to decide on what to do with the conclusion, when you decide something, you have all these egos going through which also delays the process and so on.

If you're a Zen trader, it's a natural flow of action. But most of us, like me, aren't like that. Personally, I use anticipation. I anticipate a certain pattern to occur based on what had happened. Then I would set a rule on that situation to trade. When the market goes the way I set it, I go in. In another words, I do the decision making before the entry. It's like, "The chart looks like a head-and-shoulder. OK, the neckline's here, so once it touches passes it by a tick... I'll go in" Then I'll just wait for my anticipation to be true and if does I'll get in. If it doesn't I'll stay out.

It's just like system trading. For me, system trading is just like setting my anticipation rules before or when the market is not moving. I would know when a signal would come out before it does, anticipate the signal itself and I get in. There is no, decision making there... I just anticipate to react. That might be a problem with black boxes, black box traders don't know when a signal would come out and they have to go through all the mental processes and all emotions that attaches to it making them hesitate to trigger it.

It might be better if I say, I anticipate to react to situations. It became long so I'll end it with "My rants of timing"

I'll write about time analysis, sometime else...

Well, it's just my rant....

#45     Jan 16, 2003
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

how fast, 1 second or less?

#46     Jan 16, 2003
  7. I'd say instantaneous...

Wait... within the speed of light...

I forgot to add that the more time it takes for you to act from analysis, the more possible you will be hesitant...

That's what I think...

#47     Jan 16, 2003
  8. I got a new job...

I have to play Final Fantasy on PS2. I will not trade until I finish the game...

Until then... Good bye all...

(I'll resume in a few days....)

#48     Jan 17, 2003
  9. RELAXING...

#49     Jan 21, 2003
  10. Rrreeelllaaaxxxiiinnnggg

#50     Jan 22, 2003