Random Musings

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Visaria, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Visaria

Visaria

I would say the US will be in recession or maybe entering one by the end of the year.

#11     Jun 26, 2013
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Bought some Apple shares at $495 last week. Thought i would follow in the steps of Icahn :D

#12     Aug 17, 2013
  3. Visaria

Visaria

Maintain this view. I read Goldman said that much of the GDP growth this year was due to housing. In fact, if you stripped out those housing gains, GDP would be negative. Last week, the housing report came in far below expectations.

I think we can forget about any tapering of QE this year.

#13     Aug 27, 2013
  4. Visaria

Visaria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24103970

Markets gapped opened on this news on the weekend.

Lost 1.5% of the funds i manage on the gaps. Was short TF and long the dollar. Killed on everything.

Stupid thing was i noticed that the price action was so strongly bullish in the final hour or so on Friday. Was a big warning sign.

#14     Sep 16, 2013
  5. Visaria

Visaria

Always be long the strongest when long and short the weakest when short.

The Nasdaq is the strongest US index atm.

#15     Sep 26, 2013
  6. Visaria

Visaria

A mate emailed me this :

Day traders work FOR the market.

Non day traders let the market work for THEM.

:cool:

#16     Oct 10, 2013
  7. Visaria

Visaria

Opinion time! I reckon the SP500 could hit 1900,maybe even 2000 by the end of the year. Not that far off, another 15% is not impossible when Bernanke is printing $85b a month, might even increase it!!!

#17     Oct 24, 2013
  8. Visaria

Visaria

It would be good and healthy to have a correction in the stock market. Say 5% or so, would remove some froth. I think we will correct starting now. Not a bear market by any means, you can't have a bear market when the fed is printing so much money every month, ceteris paribus. But a correction is quite normal. Would be perfect to buy in for the longer term.

#18     Oct 31, 2013