Random Musings

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Visaria, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Visaria

Visaria

I've been meaning to set up a thread with my thoughts on trading and markets together with some trades. Here it is...

2. Visaria

Visaria

June Nikkei new lows today. Was short overnight, but stopped out on the spike at 11pm est. Lost a couple of hundred points. Collapsed 700-800 points after that, just my luck.

July NG setting up for a big move tomorrow, gas numbers out at 3.30pm BST. I see support at around 3930. Move could be up or down, but it will be big, a couple of hundred points, over a couple of days. Good one to play using options (a straddle) if not too expensive. More inclined to go long the futures.

3. Visaria

Visaria

Called the NG trade right, from 4000 to 3800ish.

Seeing a a big move up/down in the ES today after the the NFP numbers come out. Have stop orders to go long/short.

4. Visaria

Visaria

Currently short Sept Nikkei, 400 points in profit, looking for a retest of the lows.

Short CL too, currently $96ish, looking for $92.

5. Visaria

Visaria

Out of Nikkei, almost stunned at the number of points i took, equates to about 6% :D . That's like doing a trade on the ES and taking 100 big points in less than 2 days!

6. Visaria

Visaria

Out of the CL, small loss, not bothered.

7. Visaria

Visaria

Expect record highs on ES by the end of the month. Want to go long, missed the rally today. Hoping for a pullback tomorrow (or Monday) to 1620ish. Doubt if it will go back that far though...would set up a nice 3:1 trade if it did (expect 1700 basis June).

8. Wow. Excellent trades!

9. Visaria

Visaria

Annoyingly, June ES did not fall to 1620, a few points shy. Didn't go long and missed the rally.

10. Visaria

Visaria

The fed's announcement is a game changer.

Not been concentrating on trading much, not been in the best of health, so missed the sell off yesterday in many markets. Just shows you have to be on the ball in this game.

However gone in short today on the Sept ES at 1614.

#10     Jun 20, 2013