Random es 1 pt scalp or stop test

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by profitseer, Dec 3, 2002.

1. dottom

dottom

Long term results are probably just around the break even market with losses mostly commissions.

Besides, even fading such a system would be too difficult for most people to handle. 90% losers relying on the 10% outlier wins.

#11     Dec 4, 2002
  2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

aphie,

At first the entries were random (since i didn't know which direction the day would take), then I tried a bias based on if we were up or down in the premarket, assuming a little followthrough on the open. In all cases, I ended up with losses after commisssions. Adjusting the stop level lead to various degrees of profitablility at different time periods, however there was no way to determine the optimum stop placement ahead of time.

Trend Fader,

I did try both long and short trades, with extremely similar results. As to using a one point stop or exit on close (the reverse of the original rules) might have worked, but the system overall in original form only had small losses over large time frames, so the results would be barely worth it. Not to mention the psychological difficulties I'd have with a <10% accuracy rate.

#12     Dec 4, 2002
  3. Aaron

Aaron

Nice posts. Thanks!

#13     Dec 4, 2002
  4. If you apply a trailing stop of half size of 5 min bar you are trading from I have a feeling that profitability will be much better.
    Walter

#14     Dec 4, 2002
  5. PROFITSEER... this thread really cheered me up today. probably was the thing that saved me from buying another monitor. THANKS

#15     Dec 4, 2002
  6. LOL

When I have a bad day my wife asks me if it was a 1 monitor or 2 monitor day.

#16     Dec 4, 2002