Rand Paul on racism in business...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, May 20, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

I agree 100%, as the law pertains to race, however there has now been a line drawn in the sand, by liberals where companies are sued for not hiring a person of color, or for firing a person of color. Or for firing a person who is gay or transgender, or for firing a person who doesnt look right, liberals have skewed this thing so far it has no represenation of the basic premise of the civil rights laws. Any time anyone who is a little different loses their job its hands across america to go after a company, so why on earth would these companies hire people who were in positions of minorities to begin with?

#41     May 20, 2010
  2. Nice topic for another thread...

This one is about Rand's refusal to condemn the practice of racism in a non institutional setting...

#42     May 20, 2010
  3. Specterx

Specterx

He was asked about this on some news station, CNBC I think it was... his response was basically that he votes against appropriations bills because they contain so much excess spending, but he doesn't oppose earmarks because:

a) Appropriating spending in this way is the constitutional duty of Congress.
    b) Removing earmarks, but leaving the spending in place, would just place it at the discretion of the executive branch - which isn't any better.

His position is in no way inconsistent.

#43     May 20, 2010
  4. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

Not sophistry in the least. It's core to the issue of defining what a private business can and can't do. Hence why you have lawsuits of all sorts claiming discrimination not originally intended to be protected by the law. And in my opinion, are a slap in the face to civil rights laws.

But these lawsuits set precedent. And they happened because of the slippery slope that ensues when the law isn't narrowly or concretely defined.

Precisely WHY we need laws to objectively define the line(s). Being a decent citizen and operating on good faith are subjective and have to be assessed on a case by case basis with no real guidance to fall back on - only how well a lawyer can sway a jury.

I'd rather make a rational plea and not an emotional one.

#44     May 20, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

Actually what Rand Paul refused to comment on was civil rights laws, specifically the civil rights act of 1964 as it pertains to private business.

But once again you as a liberal managed to change it into a topic on racism.

#45     May 20, 2010
  6. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

Exactly. Besides, even if it were off topic, considering that the topic starter (op777) routinely derails threads in an effort to troll...

#46     May 20, 2010
  7. Please watch the video.

He was asked direct questions...and he pitched back a fur-ball...

Hell, he is a politician...that's what they do.

They won't answer a direct question on the issue at hand...someone running for the Senate and they won't answer a direct question...

...and that's okay with your because of your agreement with his politics?

Shit, by your own comments below he refused to comment...

Dude is running for the Senate of the United States of America and refuses to comment on civil rights laws, as they pertain to business?

WTF?

#47     May 20, 2010
  8. Odd point of view for a guy who regularly uses racial slurs against blacks, whites, and Jews, and who approves the messages in David Duke videos. LOL!!!

#48     May 20, 2010
  9. That's a nice way to spin it but I don't buy it.

I view the libertarian crap as a marketing gimmick to differentiate himself with the other leeches who want to live off the taxpayer's dime.

#49     May 20, 2010
  10. Or if they just don't feel like it, for whatever reason. Or if the "darkies" as you so aptly called them, owned a business and didn't want to cater to whites it's THEIR choice, because it's THEIR business.

It's not the government's place to make decisions for businesses as to who they will serve or who they will not serve. Period. This is the United States not Nazi Germany.

There should be no race laws, for anyone.

#50     May 20, 2010