Rand Paul Filibusters Brennan Nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 6, 2013.

1. John McCain is a politician, like so many politicians has overstayed his usefulness. He has also played his POW staus for all it was worth, and then some. Can't say I wouldn't have done the same. That said, the man lived through hell and did something that many men would have been unable to refuse. He turned down the opportunity for an early release from the POW camp. That in and of itself buys a whole lot of hall passes down the road. He has used them all up, and should retire.

#41     Mar 8, 2013
  2. Why do you use words you obviously don't understand?

Do you think it keeps us from thinking that you're a moron, because it has exactly the contrary effect upon those of us with competent vocabulary?

#42     Mar 8, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

In essence a stupid man desperately trying not to look stupid all the while making himself look even more stupid.

#43     Mar 8, 2013
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

+1

I have a TON of respect for him.

I do think he should retire.

#44     Mar 8, 2013
  5. I do respect his service. I'm sure you have to be a hardened badass to go through what he did, and it's worthy of respect. BUT that trait doesn't necessarily translate to being a good leader, or knowing what you're doing.

I saw Greta von whatever interview Rand Paul last night, and she asked him about McCain's comments. He said he didn't really care but McCain believes that the govt should have the authority to use drones against/indefinitely detain American citizens, not actively engaged in combat, WITHOUT due process. That is fucking insane and a blatant violation of our Constitutional Rights. I would never vote for anyone who thinks that way (assuming I knew before i cast the vote, cause i did vote for mccain).

#45     Mar 8, 2013
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Sigh... I voted for McCain too. What else was I going to do?!?! Anyone with half a brain knew Onazi was going to be trouble. Problem with McCain; he's a loose cannon. No one ever knows which side he's going to take, or what he'll do next. He needs to retire now. I do like the guy though, and respect HIGHLY for what he was.

I used to work for the gubment. Prior Marine Officer. I've always admired things that were tactical, and useful, including the drones. HOWEVER, I DO NOT think these have ANY business being used on Americans on US or Foreign soil! An American has rights afforded them under the Constitution our Founding Fathers bled like hell to create. I'll be damned if I support anyone willing to shit on it! And yes, these far left democrats are wiping their asses on MY Constitution, and getting away with it as we all know a democrat is teflon, and can do whatever he/she wants.:mad:

#46     Mar 8, 2013
  7. I agree completely and appreciate your service.

I'm not comparing McCain to the far left, because he is a way better man and more.. American than they are. the problem is guys like him and Bush still want power and whether they mean well or not, they need to be kept in check. Otherwise, once they have expanded the powers of their office beyond the limits placed on it, it's just a matter of time before someone lacking good intentions is elected or appointed and exploits that new found authority to do well.. whatever they want.

That's how I view this govt, a bunch of mini-dictator bureaucrats and politicians just doing whatever they want with nothing to keep them in check. Without even considering obama, look at bloomberg, gawd damn that guy is on power trip.. banning softdrinks, headphones. Look at rahm emanuel, and his staff.. no concealed carry, threatening chic-fil-a for a personal opinion that someone stated. Who the FUCK are these people? More importantly where did they get the authority to do these things? Bottom line, this is NOT FREEDOM.

#47     Mar 9, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Same here.

#48     Mar 9, 2013
  9. jem

jem

If the story is true... I concur.

But he was such a wormy little rat with his first wife.
    The way he sells out his party for press coverage.
    The way he tried to sell out his country on the border issues.
    The way he just exhibited the worst little wormy attitude with Rand Paul.

I seriously doubt he ever had backbone... I suspect he was a worm as a POW and the story got re written.

#49     Mar 9, 2013
  10. jem

jem

I just looked it up. For the first time.

There are those that say McCain was really a collaborator.
    I suspect a man who has been so spineless as a senator could never have been a war hero.

Powered by Translate
    John McCain: Privileged 'War Hero', Liar, Colloborator, Traitor
    Part 1

Editor's Note: I transcribed the dialog of a 5 part video interview on June 22, 2007 between retired Army Colonel Earl Hopper and Gerard Kiley of Veterans Against John McCain. To make the reading flow easier, I removed the repeated phrases, false starts, etc. that hamper a printed version of an unrehearsed conversation. Earl Hopper had spent 30 years with the Army in Airborne Special services and with Army Intelligence and was a founding member of the National League of Families dedicated to retuning living POWs and MIAs of the Vietnam War.

The impression that McCain and the media has attempted to portray of McCain's 5 1/2 years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam is about as far from the truth that one could possible go. McCain, from the first moments of his capture, had behaved as a COLLOBORATOR and propaganda tool for his North Vietnamese captors. McCain had engaged in no less than 30, and likely as many as 38 anti-American propaganda broadcasts for Radio Hanoi during the period of his captivity. Far from the image of a dedicated American "hero" sweating it out in a North Vietnamese prisoner's "hotbox" for 5 1/2 years, McCain was often given "special" treatment by his captors, who were fully aware of his father's and grandfather's 4 star admiral positions with the Navy. No one has ever witnessed McCain's supposed "torture" at the hands of his jailers. The consensus opinion of other POWs in McCain's camps was that McCain was NEVER tortured by the North Vietnamese. McCain's disgraceful and wholly reprehensible conduct (along with John Kerry) during the 1991-93 Senate Committee on POW/MIAs leaves no doubt that McCain is a traitor to this country and its veterans and especially to the families of POWs and MIAs. ..Ken Adachi].

By Ret. Col. Earl Hopper < tfoinc@hughes.net>
    Interviewer, Jerry Kiley <gwkiley@hotmail.com>
    Audio Transcriped by Ken Adachi <Editor>
    http://educate-yourself.org/cn/earlhopperinterview08feb08.shtml
    February 8, 2008

The video interview is divided into 5 parts:

Part 1: http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/Hopper_Interview_Part1_Corrected.wmv

June 22, 2007 interview between Ret. Army Col. Earl Hopper and Interviewer Gerard "Jerry" Kiley of Veterans Against John McCain (http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com)

Earl Hopper: I'm a US Army retired colonel. I spent 30 year in the Army. I was Airborne Special Forces, I fought in Europe, Korea, and Vietnam. My oldest son was also on active duty, He was in the Air Force and shot down over North Vietnam. He remains missing in action. Although the government has declared him dead, we have no body; no evidence of his death.

I first became familiar with the present senator from Arizona, John McCain (and I hate to say "from Arizona" because I'm a native of Arizona. I was born and raised there, and still live there) but, from the very beginning, in talking to the returned POWs, in the very beginning we began to hear some very bad things about John McCain and his activities while he was in the POW camps.

As an example (and I'll quote this because it can be checked out), he personally wrote an article in the magazine [US News & World Report] , wherein he stated that during the time he was in prison (in fact I think it was 5 or 7 days after he was captured) he asked the [North] Vietnamese to take him to the hospital, the Vietnamese hospital. And in so doing, he promised them that he would would give them classified military information.

They did. He did.

They took him to the hospital, questioned him, and he gave highly classified information. The most important of which was he gave the "package route", which was the route to bomb North Vietnam. He told in detail the altitude they were flying, the direction, if they made a turn, and how to get (into N. Vietnam ?) He also gave them where the targets were; of their primary entry. Whether it was a railroad; whether is was a bridge; whether it was an ammunition or fuel dump; or whatever it was, he gave them the primary targets the United States was interested in.

After he gave them that information, the Vietnamese naturally moved their anti- aircraft defenses into those areas and built them up and strengthened them. They also moved the rockets, aircraft weapons, into the "package route" of where the airplanes were flying in or egressing. The result of this, according to the information that came out later on, in intelligence, was that the Vietnamese started knocking down our aircraft in greater amounts than they had before. In fact, there was an estimate that we started losing 60% more aircraft and more men than we had previously. This went on for about a month, and it got so bad, that they finally called off the bombing of North Vietnam because of the information that McCain had given to them.

(Video clip 2)

#50     Mar 9, 2013