Rand Paul Filibusters Brennan Nomination

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Rand would get slaughtered in a general election worse then mitt did

#21     Mar 7, 2013
  2. According to pspr there will not be another election. He thinks Obama will become dictator :), really!

#22     Mar 7, 2013
  3. The march toward totalitarianism gets stronger with each passing year. Getting a growing percentage of the populace gov't dependent is the plan. Then persuade the populace to believe statements such as "we will not use drones to kill US citizens on American soil." The mere fact this country is even having to debate this, shows it is getting very late.

#23     Mar 7, 2013
  4. On the one hand, this is kind of an odd issue to make a big stink over. All Holder said basically was that he wasn't going to caregorically rule out in all cases the possibility that the President could use a drone within the US on an american citizen.

I would fully expect a republican AG to say the same thing. The Feds killed Randy Weaver's wife while she was standing unarmed holding her baby. I believe that was under Bush 41. Clinton and Janet Reno burned alive scores of people, including children, at Waco. So what's so special about using a drone?

On the other hand, Rand Paul has totally seized the aura of leadership from his colorless fellow Senators. You could tell that by the way Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio scrambled to get on board with him.

If the republicans nominate Jeb Bush in 2016 they will lose. Most conservatives will stay home. Rand Paul, who knows. People are sick of the traditional politicians, that's for sure.

#24     Mar 7, 2013
  5. :D

#25     Mar 7, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

I see you have a reading comprehension problem, too. It seems to be a common malady among liberals.

#26     Mar 7, 2013
  7. The right, in their desperation gets more extreme. 2014 midterms might actually be fun to watch!:)

#27     Mar 7, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

LOL Democraps have zilch chance of taking the House in 2014. I'm sure you will enjoy the show as will I. :D

#28     Mar 7, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Your $1 chit chat journal blowing up in your face sure was fun to watch.

#29     Mar 7, 2013
  10. The government has and will continue to kill American citizens it deems to be a threat. The real question is not how the killing is done, it's broadening the definiton of the word threat which should be alarming.

#30     Mar 7, 2013