Ran Poor Service

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TsunTzu, Feb 8, 2008.

1. We all have our own Reuters <b>and</b> Bloomberg <b>and</b> Squawk. Perhaps you should pay up some more and you wouldn't lose out to us. How do you think we know they're missing headlines?

#31     Feb 13, 2008
  2. Wood474

Wood474

hahahaha, get in there doublechin

....ding ding seconds out....

#32     Feb 13, 2008
  3. I think everyone has a bloomberg in some capacity whether it's their own or slaved,personally I pay for my own,to me this isn't just about the apparent shit service,I mean quoting the death of Jeremy Beadle is taking the piss, it's about a firm thinking it's acceptable to charge good money and treat a client like dirt when they(the firm) screw up.

#33     Feb 13, 2008

4. so let me get this straight.

you and others are pissed off because ran are crap and miss headlines.

can i suggest you dont listen to them.

i think that might solve the problem and this pointless thread.

#34     Feb 13, 2008
  5. If you don't like the thread then DONT read it,there is a suggestion for you!

How is this a pointless thread anyway?I was interested in ran,now after seeing them in action I am not.

Are ANY squawks good or recommended?

Beaker - do you use one,if so which one?

#35     Feb 13, 2008
  6. A buddy at a prop firm in London called me today about their squawk guy Baitsee,apparently this guy is seriously crap man,a real joker.He says that he calls the obvious all the time,telling you if the notes are on their lows,dow on it's hi,really tries to screw you up at the wrong time,you get the picture.

Sounds like they're all shit,with you beaker!

#36     Feb 14, 2008
  7. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Not really.

In your earlier post you questioned the benefit of squak services. That is a different arguement.

The others who do find benefit in a squak, and started the thread are seeking better service.

#37     Feb 14, 2008
  8. my point is this:

i do not rely on anybody in this market.

and that includes all news squawkers.

ran only read off the news wires and confirm information already out and a few crap rumours circulating.

i read the boomberg news and reports and i have my own information network.

i dont want to make any decisions, win or lose, based on what someone who does not trade the markets says.

i will live and die by my own right and wrong calls.

i honestly cant see any edge in whatever they have to say.

do they get the news quicker than wires report - NO

do they get economic figures before general release - NO

do they get inside information from the exchanges - NO

traders are kidding themselves if they think these guys offer a service.

the service is already there for you free if your prepared to put in some hard work and learn how to use a bloomberg.

not put your feet up on the desk , listen to a news squawk and watch the same one slaved screen on bloomerg with the same data on it.

bloomberg is the ultimate information source when it comes to fixed income markets.

there is a minefield of information on there including bloomberg university and free seminars.

the problem is most traders are stupid and lazy and dont even know how to use it.

#38     Feb 15, 2008
  9. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

A very bold statement to label most traders being such. I suppose at the end of the day if you make money, you can live with being stupid and lazy :)

#39     Feb 15, 2008
  10. 832b

832b

I think RAN is getting a bad rap here and that's unnecessary. As a customer for a couple years, I've found their product to be very useful and worth the cost. Maybe it isn't for everyone but it's certainly for me.

No I'm not affiliated with the company but wanted to just speak up as a satisfied customer. It's another tool in the toolbox, that's all and is often the necessary tool at many times.

A lot of traders aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about and that's seems to be the case regarding RAN.

#40     Feb 15, 2008