Ran Poor Service

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TsunTzu, Feb 8, 2008.

1. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Anybody else get the impression that RAN Squawk has got so many subscribers now that they think they can just sit back and coast as far as providing a service goes? I see more and more headlines missed.
    Their opinion is that they know more than anybody else in this industry and as far as they are concerned, they are right, you are wrong. You can cancel your subscription if you don’t like it.

Interested in others opinions on this.

2. ynox1

ynox1

Not to mention their website, that never gets updated.
    Their weekly calendar if from 21st of Jan!
    C'mon Ranvir, we're in February!!!

3. Wood474

Wood474

Get Batesy then from Sigma. Much better than Ran

4. sscott

sscott

you have got to be joking!!!!!

5. Wood474

Wood474

hahahahahahahahahah

6. Get Tommi the original and best

7. ynox1

ynox1

Yeah! Tommi is good!

8. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Thanks for the input I actually have another services that I listen too and RAN is in general slower. What annoys me is that they decide if something is relevant or not. So if a central banker is talking, but says something that they in their infinite wisdom think is not significant, you’re not going to get it read. Personally I feel it’s my job as a trader to decide the significance of what is said and they are simply there to read all relevant headlines. They are hit and miss on company earnings and have turned into a very shoddy outfit. It’s a shame because the customer service and content from Steve is in fact very good. It’s Mr Ran 'I don’t actually care about my customers because I am laughing all the way to the bank', that brings the outfit down. Perhaps if enough people started to turn him off, his attitude would change.

9. One thing I can't figure out?Why the hell does anyone actually need a squawk service at all?

Generally a squawker has no economic qualifications,would be a dogshit trader and is a total waste of space.

Any economic data is digested these days so quickly into the system you really think having some doughnut shouting out the figures is going to help?

For $10 a month get CNBC online and you can hear what these clowns are repeating and make your own decision.

10. ynox1

ynox1

It is because you don't have a squawk service that you think it is not necessary. There is so much stuff coming out that is only mentioned on channels like Bloomberg or CNBC after a big delay. I know, cause I watch either channel. I really dont care of the squawkers qualifications, if they were bad traders, or bad analysts, but as long as they have an idea of what is happening, and keep their eyes on the bloomberg and reuters terminals, I am happy. As long as they keep reading all that they think is important, and then I can make a decision if it will move the market or not.
    I can say it with confidence, $preader, you are missing out on a lot of money. No wonder you think there are a lot of random moves in the markets.
    Even trading figures, there is a lot of money there trading them; u always get an initial move done by the automated systems, but the real traders with the real move will come just after that. I've seen figures coming out on CNBC 30 seconds after it hit the market!!

#10     Feb 9, 2008