Ramblings of the killer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Well, yeah. If anyone were to kill Ron or Rand Paul, that certainly couldn't be a part of any kind of revolution... that would just be a sick murder.

#21     Jan 10, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

Perhaps, and maybe it is time Karma catches up with these politicians who have fucked us over for decades, however i dont want anyone to die, and it certainly could not be considered a revolution if a bunch of schizos like Laughner just start going out on shooting sprees. Its not as though that would entail some sort of organised revolution.

The end result of a couple more nutjobs like laughner shooting at politicians would probably be politicians becoming even further removed from us then they already are. Im pretty sure that if another couple politicians take a bullet, that will be the end of them ever coming out in public and dealing with their electorate as if they actually give a shit, maybe it would expose them for who they really are.... who knows.

I hate the government on both sides, but i still dont want anyone to die.

#22     Jan 10, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

:D

#23     Jan 10, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

You mean the same comments Obama has made? I already stated i dont think that this kind of rhetoric on either side is good, but for some reason you only seem to see it coming from one side where as any rational person can see it comes from both.

#24     Jan 10, 2011
  5. Larson

Larson Guest

I feel similar to you. But on the other hand, this makes me want to fly "Old Glory" and start listening to Merle Haggard's, "man you runnin' down my country, you are gettin' on the fightin' side of me". US needs some sort of political "epiphany" to turn things around before it is too late.

#25     Jan 10, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

Exactly! This is exactly what i have alluded to in other posts. When judging a nutjob like this that is why it does not matter which side he is on.

We need to change gears, from the way we currently operate whereby our first reaction to a nut is to try to figure out whether or not he was a right winger or left winger. I often see threads on this site where people are trying to figure out whether or not hitler, or stalin, or mao were right or left wingers, as if their political affiliation some how gives one side the upper hand, the bottom line is people are always judging psychos FIRST by whether or not they were a right winger or a left winger, and SECOND by whether or not they are a full blown psychopath.

The fact of the matter is that we should be judging the person in question by whether or not they were a psychopath FIRST because if it turns out the person was a psychopath it really doesnt matter what their political affiliations are, as they are incapable of making a rational decision, and thus incapable of fully understanding what either side on the political spectrum means. So why would it matter if they are "left" or "right" at that point?

I know this is a somewhat crude analogy but if i was to go to someone for stock market analysis and i figured out that he was mentally retarded would i care whether he was bullish or bearish at that point? It would seem ridiculous to be concerned with his market views after hearing of a mental disease. Im pretty sure the second i found out he was mentally retarded i would not even care whether he was bullish or bearish, as it would be a bunch of non sense in my eyes, but for some reason in politics, we think of whether or not the person is right or left first, and mentally sound second.

#26     Jan 10, 2011
  7. Flight controllers in Houston fell silent as Scott Kelly spoke via radio from space. "We have a unique vantage point here aboard the International Space Station," he said. "As I look out the window, I see a very beautiful planet that seems very inviting and peaceful. Unfortunately, it is not."

"These days, we are constantly reminded of the unspeakable acts of violence and damage we can inflict upon one another, not just with our actions, but also with our irresponsible words," he said.

"We're better than this. We must do better."

#27     Jan 10, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

I like this, but if there was truly an ivory tower view of the Earth and mankind, sitting in the space station would be it.

#28     Jan 10, 2011
  9. orl

orl

People suffering from OCD are not like that. They have recurring thoughts and/or rituals, but they are fully aware of the absurdity of it. They just can't stop. They do not become violent or insane. Schizophrenics, however, can.
    I have never understood why people use clinicial terms without any knowledge about them.

#29     Jan 10, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

Hmmmm seems to me i also labeled schizophrenia as a potential cause in the paragraph of mine you quoted, but you dont seem to want to acknowledge that.....I wonder why.....It couldnt possibly be a political motivation on your part...

#30     Jan 10, 2011