Ralph Vince's computerized betting game

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by alain, Dec 2, 2002.

1. alain

alain

Ralph Vince has made an experiment with 40 people with doctorate degrees... this has already been discussed here on the ET board in the past.

My question now:
    Does anyone have this application or know where to get it. This computerizised betting or money management game (or simulation). This must be a very simple application written in VB or so. Very basic but I thnik it could be very interesting to show beginners the effect of position sizing.

thanx in advance for any input,

alain

ps. here is a link with the info on this experiment:

http://www.nsnews.com/issues01/w042301/news/business/22-business-streets.html

2. Thanks alain, good article.

Here's the link to Dr. Tharps web site. You can download a
    demo of his money management game. You have to give a little info first, but it's worth the hassle.

www.iitm.com/

3. alain

alain

thanx, I have checked it out. If trading would just be that easy... software is overpriced - imo.

What I'm looking for is actually a much more simple software which is not particulary related to the stock market. Like mentioned in the article.

A betting with a postive expectacy and let's say 100 bets to be placed, a set starting capital and a variable betsize. and the expectacy would aways stay still the same i.e. 0.6.

4. Yea, that's what I felt, too. I think 50 bucks or less would have been more like it.