Ralph Nader calls Obama a Con Man

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 10, 2010.

1. jem

jem

The problem is that the majority of the hard working americans want lower taxes and smaller govt.... the problem is that big business hijacks our party with lobby money the way unions and radicals like soros hijack the dems with lobbying and contributions.

How many people really support the crap soros is for... international control of govt and commerce...

Not very many people really support his neo communism but he owns pelosi and reid the way big pharma and the banks own almost all of washington.

#21     Dec 10, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

That's not reflected in their mid-term voting. Anti-tax measures across the country were defeated, for the most basic of reasons: the services local governments are expected to deliver were clearly underfunded. We all want lower taxes, sure, but practically speaking they may be too low already, as the public's recent voting indicates.

#22     Dec 10, 2010
  3. I think you are clearly confused about this issue. By and large, the public service sector is cutting funding largely because of their obligations to public sector retirees. Across the board, pensions are underfunded and due to their idiotic decision to grant defined benefit type of pensions, they will be on the hook for trillions of dollars just to pay off the current generation of retirees.

Until recently, the distinction between funding for essential services and funding for legacy costs was never made. I give credit to any politician willing to stand up take on this elephant in the room since it's clearly an untenable situation.

#23     Dec 10, 2010
  4. And the battle rages on between public sector unionized employees versus their perceived enemy of the entitled class of bankers and other favored corporations who are wards of the state. At that point, the bankers bonus pool becomes the tool to extort ridiculous payout packages, guaranteed raises, massive lifelong pensions with generous health care packages, continued unemployment extensions and benefits, etc.

And as we both know, the losers in the battle are the large swath of the country that are either self-employed, small business owners or to some extent any employee of a large corporation who cannot depend on a public sector style retirement or union strength and power.

#24     Dec 10, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not everywhere.

http://www.times-herald.com/Opinion...ut-they-support-expanded-trauma-care--1372158

"The majority of Georgia voters casting ballots in Tuesday's General Election said clearly they did not support adding a $10 fee or tax to vehicle tags to fund adequate trauma care throughout our state.

While the constitutional amendment failed, it failed because voters are fed up with government spending. They are not in a mood to impose another tax or fee, even if it could save up to 700 lives a year in our state...."

#25     Dec 10, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I think you are trying to redirect to another issue, (which with your assertion no one is going to disagree with), in order to appear that you've won some point (?) on the anti-tax measures that were in fact defeated across nearly the entire country just months ago.

But moving on to your point about that other issue, I also think you are too young to recall better times, when pensions and other benefits were plausible and promised for both the public and private sector. Probably all you've ever known is... nothing, so I can certainly understand why you begrudge the last of the unions and the last of the pensions. They must seem archaic, like dinosaurs, to you, obstacles on the way to evening us out with the Chinese and Indians.

But you should be content, really; as you never enjoyed the fruits of the old social contracts you have lost nothing.

#26     Dec 10, 2010
  7. No, but thanks for asking. I just know that there are many "non-partisan think tanks" that are not so non-partisan or quite as thinking as their names would suggest. So I tend to be skeptical unless given good reason not to be.

#27     Dec 11, 2010
  8. Assuming the numbers are accurate, how do taxes paid measure as a percentage of gross and net income? Just curious.

#28     Dec 11, 2010
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I agree with Ralph. The Obama regime is a bit like a Corvair.

Leaky, underpowered and constantly emitting noxious fumes into the passenger compartment trying to kill its occupants.

Obama, unsafe at any speed.

:D

#29     Dec 11, 2010
  10. jem

jem

When I was referring to taxes - and smaller govt -- I was were referring to Washington...

I believe you leave out the important part.

In the last 20 years are so we have seen a suicide pact develop between govt employees and mostly democratic state and local candidates. We fund your campaigns and vote for you and you will give us far above market pay increases and insane retirement packages. If you current budget is maxed provide us with even larger benes in the future.

When you couple that program with giving out lots of welfare benes - sucking in deadbeats... you then have a need for more cops fireman teachers, doctors, nurses and social workers...

This death spiral was the blueprint for democrats in CA and other big states like new york... They figured out a way to get elected by destroying our country.

We think those pacts need to be modified to sustainable levels... intelligent govt workers should be in favor of a modification... because they risk it all if there is a total reset.

#30     Dec 11, 2010