Rally Ho!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Reitberg, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Vishnu

Vishnu

Hi Seth, I day and swing trade and use primarily countertrend systems. When the shit was hitting the fan Tue and Wed last week I was going against the trend. The combo of Vix hitting 40, the strong Wednesday reversal off of the lows, and the idea of a war rally, kept me in my position longer-term. It doesn't always work out this well but this time it did ( so far).

#11     Mar 20, 2003
  2. It's all about swinging. Momemtum trading has only made me lose money.

#12     Mar 20, 2003
  3. lundy

lundy

gonna fly over yesterdays high

#13     Mar 20, 2003
  4. I'm not ruling out any upswings, it could go back up to 9300. But the shorts have a serious advantage in the long term. One exogenous shock, and we will have a tremendous credit bubble burst. The odds are certainly in the bears' favor.

#14     Mar 20, 2003
  5. lundy

lundy

agreed, i'm talking specifically about today. we gonna go over yesterdays high.

#15     Mar 20, 2003
  6. lundy

lundy

1081 on NDX is a nice target.

#16     Mar 20, 2003
  7. "I wouldn't long this market if ya paid me"

I've been long this market for two weeks and it IS paying me. So we are a little overbought right now, so what. I dumped some QQQ's thats all, still net long. Of course I am also long some gold stocks.

#17     Mar 20, 2003
  8. I'm still holding some long positions also.* I'll keep them until I see some strong sign that this war rally (and the accompanying sentiment) has come to an end. (Yes -- I'll be giving back profits)

Mondo, I've also long some gold stocks. A couple for the longer term, that, for more fundamental reasons, I think will make strong profits even with gold at $300.
    Long a couple of others as a proxy for a pullback entry on gold itself. It's a tough call, but I consider it a super strong risk to reward play, so I'll hold them.

* Although I'll admit this would be a great time to "sell the news".

#18     Mar 20, 2003
  9. lundy

lundy

rally ho

#19     Mar 20, 2003