rally has run its course

Discussion in 'Politics' started by James Stock, Apr 2, 2004.

1. You were slobbering all over me last summer as romeo. It's too bad you have no spine and cannot acknowledge that I taught you alot about options.

#11     Apr 2, 2004
  2. I want to talk trading, but the maggots here never allow it. God forbid someone besides the "establishment" makes a call.

#12     Apr 2, 2004
  3. please articulate your negative bias here

-steel-

#13     Apr 2, 2004
  4. I feel your pain. But honestly I think the situation on ET will get
    worse before it gets better... it's free -- all ages all IQs all
    everything.

I agree with steelhead - just talk we might agree with you.

JT

#14     Apr 2, 2004
  5. OK, but I ask a favor. When the maggots do come out, and they will, I don't want to be the only one stomping them out. You folks need to tell them to piss off as well. I'm talking about the usual maggots, mvic, pcpr, waggle/NVS, mecro.

There's loads of reasons. The same reasons that I listed when I said on 3/4/04 that the market had topped when the S&P was at a 52 week high. This rally just represents a squeezing of the johnny-come-lately shorts, and now that they've been squeezed, the market can decline again.

#15     Apr 2, 2004
  6. i scalp dimes, and try not to have much of a overall opinion, but this thing feels strong and its had a bid the last several sessions
    its not like its been spiking up with huge volume squeezing shorts, please tell us you have more than this argument

#16     Apr 2, 2004
  7. I have alot more. Like I said, the same argument I made in the below thread still apply in force here.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29376

Plus, my track record in calling tops on ET is pretty darn good (past performance not indicative of future results!!)

#17     Apr 2, 2004
  8. Also: the persistant high oil price, and now you can add the coming higher interest rates.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3pm sell-off to get the ball rolling.

Note: I'm making this assertion just like I did last time: AHEAD of time, with the S&P at a high. Now its 1143.

#18     Apr 2, 2004
  9. this summer warning from the govt probably isnt too positive either

#19     Apr 2, 2004
  10. the unknown associated with terror doesn't help. But the massive offensive on the afghan border to find the slime does help the bullish cause.

#20     Apr 2, 2004