rally begins tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Apr 28, 2005.

1. a coin flip and a good dartboard might outperform all besides those in a coma... holding short over night... all month

#11     Apr 29, 2005
  2. Kicking, why are you trading during a GDP report?

One gets what they want out of the markets.

#12     Apr 30, 2005
  3. hell of a rally... I just cannot stand all this excitement!

#13     May 2, 2005
  4. well so far my "rally" theory is still sound.... if we can only pick up some momentum.

Was listening to Cramer's Mad Money yesterday and he is bigtime bearish... so more upside would not surprise me. Of course as always people will ask, but how can we rally with all the bad news?!!! You know, I actually recall a time when the adage was "markets look ahead 6-9 months". So with oil coming down, rates maybe topped out for the near term and earnings not completely disastrous, and also discounted in many many stocks right now... why isn't/wouldn't a decent rally be in the cards into Memorial Day? Of course contrary to that, there's always the Zweig adage: "Don't fight the Fed"

And then worst of all we have (IMHO) one of the most incompetent President ever in the WH. He might be a decent guy, but we're hopefully all not just looking for a great drinking buddy.

Nevertheless I have been selling/closing a lot since it's still a tough market to make a decent return within a reasonable risk profile.

Ice
    :cool:

#14     May 4, 2005

5. well well what have we here... damn Cramer is a great contrary indicator in the st.

Of course day not over...

ICe

#15     May 4, 2005
  6. Gee, how can the market RALLY 35 points in the SPX without the infamous pion Rubberbird claiming to have called the LOW?

Looks like he missed the boat, once again!

:D

#16     May 4, 2005
  7. JORGE

JORGE

Surprise, Surprise, a day later and Cramer's a raging bull.

#17     May 4, 2005
  8. just tuned in... has he gotten bullish overnight? Yesterday he was extremely bearish !

But I do like his show... entertaining, and he is an interesting character!

IcE

#18     May 4, 2005
  9. JORGE

JORGE

He recommended the brokers, GERQY, SBUX, WFMI, IBM, UNH, GM and said the market will rally hard for the rest of the week. RIMM is up 1.3 and UNH .90 on his recommendations. He was as excited about the market as I've ever seen him.

#19     May 4, 2005
  10. well shucks..... I think this was not a bad call. Was it? :eek: :confused: Heck I haven't made a call all year so I'm pretty proud of this one. Can't say I took great advantage of it since my goal is to take the summer off, but made a few bucks on some positions as well as holding some that were underwater and now turned green. So that's a win.

But I don't know...... does this qualify as a "decent" move? Maybe not.

But I still see a rally into Memorial Day which would then qualify me for briefing.com's "great calls list" :D :D

Or does my crystal ball need windex?

ICe

#20     May 6, 2005