Rally, and rest of week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by legend4life, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Well said plunger.

#41     Oct 28, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

THERE WILL BE NO NEW HIGHS ON APRIL 2009, SORRY TO TELL YOU.

This is a long term bear market that will be here for years.

#42     Oct 28, 2008
  3. This is a very exciting market and at the same time a dangerous one especially if you don't keep your downside risk in check.... this is true regardless whether you are long or short. So far being bearish and selling these monster rallies has worked well. I think it should still work.

On the other hand the SPX 825 level held on a retest yesterday and it is possible that this rally has some serious pent-up emotions left in it that it can continue for more than a few days. Also as we are getting closer to the election, it will be an excuse to rally -- regardless who wins.

Eventhough I am bearish, I will try to keep open the possibility of going long whenever I have a well defined risk level and try my best not to stand in front of a runaway train.

Good trading.

#43     Oct 28, 2008
  4. maybe they are upset that they missed the bottom.

#44     Oct 28, 2008
  5. I totally agree. Mainstreet, Guvmnts, Coporations have stuffed themselves with debt and living high on the hog on credit. Now it's time to pay some of it back and slow spending for a while. That's what a recession is. Nothing to fear, just a flushing out of the system.

#45     Oct 28, 2008
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

So you're telling the market what's going to happen...instead of the other way around?

New all-time highs next April are pretty much impossible...I agree. That's like an 80%+ gain in 6 months. But as to the general direction of the market from here, I'd suggest relying on the market and not your predictions.

#46     Oct 28, 2008
  7. mike007

mike007

This is may take on the rally today. The gov just gave the bank 250bill today. New money to play with. Do you remember what happened last time when the gov gave the backs 200bill? They rank the markets up on a huge rally then the next day they slammed it back down.

Just so you all know, I went short at close on this rally today so that is my position.

Good luck to everyone no matter what side you are playing.

#47     Oct 28, 2008
  8. Yes, going higher. I agree, fundamentals of the US economy haven't changed between now and June 2007.

#48     Oct 29, 2008
  9. Don't worry, it's going to 16,000 by December.

We're the elite here, both you and me. The rest are just dumb traders not recognizing the new bull market.

Buy POT, AAPL, GOOG, MOS, V, and last but not least: GS.

#49     Oct 29, 2008
  10. How sad Stock trader made an another account to praise himself.

#50     Oct 29, 2008