Rally, and rest of week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by legend4life, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Yes, but only if the market rallies. If it doesn't, he'll crawl back under his rock and you won't hear from him for another week.

#21     Oct 28, 2008
  2. I don't know about that, I see him pop up here and there even when we were testing support looking to make new lows.

I assume he has already blown up his account months ago with his long bias and now he posting as much as he can to hold off depression and/or insanity from kicking in.

Or he just loves it when people hate him.

#22     Oct 28, 2008
  3. So what does that mean? 1 year +3 weeks? Never heard of that one before.

#23     Oct 28, 2008
  4. Is that little asswipe still posting? I told him to stop using the library computer for papertrading...

#24     Oct 28, 2008
  5. What a monster rally. Goog surged 40 points. Just amazing. 10,000 doesn't seem that far off this week. This is just the start though. I've been here even on october 10th when the dow was at 8000. and yesterday. When I say the Fundamentals of the US economy haven't changed between now and June 2007 I am right.

#25     Oct 28, 2008
  6. Sociology and markets don't mix? Markets ARE sociology - they're all driven by people's emotional reactions. Trying reading a bit of behavioral finance.

As Ivanovich has pointed out, you can't trade, and unlike the OP, who can't trade either, my bet is that you don't - just like so many now on ET.

It's a shame really - this board used to have mostly real traders on it back 1999-2003 or so - now it's full of fuckheads like you you who don't trade, don't have any experience or perspective, and make wild guesses (they're not speculative because speculation comes from observation - go look up the Latin root), and dumb posts just for the attention.

#26     Oct 28, 2008
  7. Are you still long this postion?

Hindsight is always 20/20, but take a look at the 10 min chart. Price gaps down hard when much of the market (SPY, INDU, etc) did not - warning number one. Then there's a weak rally going into 11AM EST on dropping volume - warning number two. Then you get a spurt up price to the bottom side of yesterday's afternoon consolidation on a volume pick-up - but the next bar is down, also on higher volume. If this new high for the day was actually buying why would the next bar be down?

Next, price drifts down on lower volume, so maybe it's just a pullback. Unfortunately, at 11:30, there's a nasty break on increased volume; the indicies have been moving up.

Finally, you get a very weak (2nd for the day) rally on dropping volume after a break, with weak closes on the bars. What do the probabilities suggest? Down.

Again, it's easy to go look at something and call the shots after the fact, but there was time and opportunity to get out of this today, so hope you're not still long. Where will the late-day rally go? Not even stockturk3y konws!

#27     Oct 28, 2008
  8. Here's the thing Ivan with this guy - if he's not risking alot of money it's easy to go contrarian to the macro. He may even be right in the intermediate term - but being right doesn't make you money in the market.

The thing is, for people that are doing it for a living, we need to assess where does the risk lie.

Going long in a bear market is possible - but we should be asking ourselves, how much can we lose in this scenario, and are the odds in our favor. What is the rally fighting against. I'm personally stepping aside right now, I don't care about tops & bottoms...that's a game for amateurs.

Even when someone picks a bottom, they had to pick at it over and over - then some time in the future you look back and pat yourself on the back - and say "look at this....i got the exact bottom", after many days of trying to pick the bottom at higher prices.

#28     Oct 28, 2008
  9. We don't hate him - we just think he's a silly kid. Who would really say "I'm always right" - you know they are immateur. I would love to find out how old this guy is.

#29     Oct 28, 2008
  10. So true and am glad to hear you say so.

#30     Oct 28, 2008