Raj Rajaratnam, Founder of $3 Billion Galleon Group Hedge Fund, Arrested

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Surdo, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Nonsense Stevie Cohen is a great trader.......

#51     Oct 17, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

You don't think it helps he still pays the street .05 for "first call" in research, it's a grey area.

Do a Google on his BVF involvment!

He is no saint.

#52     Oct 17, 2009
  3. CET

CET

When I see a situation like this my first thought is why a wealthy person does something like this for peanuts, relatively speaking. I can only conclude that they made their wealth by the same means for which they got caught. Where I live a very well known lawyer made several hundred million when he represented the state against the tobacco companies. He is now serving time for bribing judges in suits against the insurance companies related to hurricane Katrina. It appears his whole career was based on illegal conduct also.

#53     Oct 17, 2009
  4. I disagree with this completely. There is a high percentage of people in the world who would never think about doing something like this.

I will give a couple of examples:

a) Your 87 year old mother, who was always goof to you and loved you, entrusts everything she has to you. Are we ALL 1 degree from robbing our mothers blind?

b) Your niece wins $500 in a contest, proudly tells you of her accomplishment, thinks highly of you and puts the money in her piggy bank. Are we ALL 1 degree from stealing our niece's money?

For many of us, we like to get up in the morning and have the respect of ourselves and others, rather than a chance to destroy the innocent.

The kind of greed exhibited by this person and Madoff, who do not really have much to live for, except the emptiness of stolen wealth

#54     Oct 17, 2009
  5. this person = Raj Rajaratnam = indian

madoff = jew

#55     Oct 17, 2009
  6. imagine having an indian for a cell mate

P U !!!!!!!

LOL

now THAT would be justice for Madoff

#56     Oct 17, 2009
  7. jd7419

jd7419

#57     Oct 17, 2009
  8. Wrong.

There is a high percentage of people in the world who do nothing but think about doing something like this, I've run across them several times in my trading career, if you're a good trader, I'm sure you have too.

You are confusing Bernie Madoff with Raj Rajaratnam. Their crimes are nothing alike.
    • Bernie Madoff is a complete sociopath who ran a huge ponzi scheme which he used to rip-off any and every one who came near him ... he couldn't care less about who they were ... or how long he knew them, everyone was just a sucker waiting to be taken.
    • Raj Rajaratnam is accused of insider trading which involved a consultant with an outsourcing firm, a hedge fund general partner and a senior vice president of IBM.
    • Looks like apples and oranges to me.

#58     Oct 17, 2009
  9. For anyone actually paying attention, the story is blowing up as the biggest insider trader scam on Wall Street, involving (at the very least) all of the diverse professionals that I mentioned in my previous post.

It seems that Galleon Capital had developed a pattern of suspicious trading, so the SEC turned one of Raj's former buddies and used him as a plant to develop a case which has been ongoing for almost two years!

$20M fraud-ring 'leader' * 5 other bigwigs nabbed

Damn, these guys are really shitting their pants! ... LMAO :D :eek: :p

#59     Oct 17, 2009
  10. there is a far difference from "a high percentage" and "we are all just one degreee of seperation from these guys,"

#60     Oct 17, 2009