Raj Rajaratnam, Founder of $3 Billion Galleon Group Hedge Fund, Arrested

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Surdo, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Informed

Informed

12 million is from the trades get caught.

#41     Oct 16, 2009
  2. Thenmozhi "Gayatri" Rajaratnam (died 21 May 1991) was the assassin who killed Rajiv Gandhi, herself, and 14 others in a suicide bombing on May 21, 1991, in the Indian town of Sriperumbudur, near Chennai. An associate of The Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (the Tamil Tigers), Rajaratnam was also known as Gayatri and Dhanu. Her birth year has not been conclusively established.

#42     Oct 16, 2009
  3. Tide31

Tide31

Scum. He should be shot by firing squad. They would not bring this if they did not have the proof. Guilty. Can't believe Cramer came to his defense saying he believes he is innocent. Lost any credibility that might have been left. I personally have zero tolerance for cheaters. White collar nothing, I consider it to be the equivelant of being a crack dealer at an elementary school playground. He will get off way too light I'm sure.

#43     Oct 16, 2009
  4. patchie

patchie

Next up, Stevie Cohen. SAC Capital has been trading like this for the past decade plus.

#44     Oct 16, 2009
  5. patchie

patchie

yea and that bi-polar idiot in Cramer knows what? Apparently those audio tapes mean nothing. Cramer lived off this crap like all other white collar crooks. Who would expect him to come out and speak negative about a crook until the timing was right.

#45     Oct 16, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

raj is sri lankanof indian descent. .is it coincidence that the prosecutor is indian american?

http://www.thehindu.com/2009/05/17/stories/2009051751151500.htm

#46     Oct 16, 2009
  7. LOL, the entire financial system is based on a cheater system, ponzi or what ever the government called it, only the best and brightest cheater make the most money, if you say zero tolerance, you should not play the market at all. Grow up.

I have great deal of tolerance(respect) for people(wealthy and well connected) to cheat and don't get caught by sec. :D

#47     Oct 16, 2009
  8. jem

jem

remember when the sec people were caught insider trading. perhaps sec employees rolled on these guys.

with lehman and bear and others gone, there are less jobs in the sec career path. Perhaps we will see more prosecutions.

#48     Oct 16, 2009
  9. incorrect.

Chinese first.

In order of dishonesty

Chinese,Indian,Jews

Although the Indians have a proclivity for taking high risks for low payout crimes.

Like this fellow mentioned by the OP.

Runs a 3 billion fund and spends all his time trying to scam 12 million.

High risk, low payout.

#49     Oct 16, 2009
  10. He should have used a prepaid phone, like everybody else.

#50     Oct 17, 2009