Raising Money for Systematic Trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lisbon, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Choad

Choad

Now maybe you can send that $50 you owe me! :D

#11     Nov 12, 2005
  2. nitro

nitro

nitro :confused:

#12     Nov 12, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

Boooohoooohoooo.

Waaah waaaah wwaaaaahhhh.

Can somebody pass me a napkin so I can wipe my tears.

nitro

#13     Nov 12, 2005
  4. azmi

azmi

Lisbon - unlike 99% of the kids on ET i am not going to poke fun at you. But I am going to say that if your system is as effective as you say it is....just start off small (margin deposit of 5-10k and trade leveraged) and within a year or so you should have generated sufficient capital to trade your own money instead of other peoples money. Why make money for someone else when you can do it for yourself?

#14     Nov 12, 2005
  5. Oh eloquent one, remind me to bring my violin next time :D :D :D

#15     Nov 12, 2005
  6. lisbon,

Contact this website administrator and become a sponsor. Then demonstrate your system in the Journals section of this website.

Also consider finding a CTA that would be willing to trade your system here in the USA under his registration.

You could make a deal with him, that you will do the marketing and he will do the trading. He would need to submit to him your advertising before you did it, to make sure there is compliance. Also the anti money laundering would be in effect and the CTA would have to know his customer.

So that you did not need to reveal your system, you could arrange some sort of signalling and you could bill him for it, based on account sizes he was trading your system with...

Once upon a time when I was a CTA, I did this for a system developer.

Michael B.

#16     Nov 13, 2005