raising funds

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderwann, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Thanks for the perspective. I'm certainly going to keep trading my own account and not change anything on that front. Still it's tempting to make the most of something that works since you never know how long these things last (and I could double my takehome if I could run at capacity, even paying out half). It takes a looong time at 25% ROC to double or triple your capital, and I'd expect my strategy wouldn't still work in another 5-10 years but I guess you can always hope.

If they were going to lend me a million or two, I think it's their right to worry about whatever they want. If I'm making money, I pay them their interest and it doesn't really matter who they are - their money is as good as anyone's in my IB account. If they freak out and want their money back, that's fine - everything is liquid so I can get flat by the close almost always if I need to.

#171     Jun 1, 2012
  2. Well ... that's why I asked. You clearly do not mind having partners who think you could be a success and still stiff them. It would not suit me but it does you.

#172     Jun 1, 2012
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Lenders are extremely skeptical of lending money for trading purposes. The only thing more distasteful for them is sports gambling.

I have a small business (about to) and all the loan covenants explicitly forbid securities trading.

#173     Jun 1, 2012
  4. heech

heech

This sounds like it would be up the alley for these guys I talked about last year:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=214586

It's basically leverage. You get 10x1 your current leverage, don't pay interest, and only get 50% of your gains. I dont really like the model, but maybe it's a fit for you.

#174     Jun 1, 2012
  5. You have far too much time arguing back and forth on this forum instead of producing results. It makes you look bad IMO.

#175     Nov 3, 2012
  6. trader wann
    just start emailing and calling everyone you can think of.
    You will have to provide details to your potential investors/partners/firms.
    if it's as good as you say, you will find someone

#176     Nov 14, 2012