Raising Capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Hawkeye Ron, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Every evening? Unless you are located in Europe and trade US markets, I can't see how this could be possible. So how did you do this?

#11     Feb 14, 2003
  2. bone

bone

Stood in the evening bond pit session at the CBOT. When that dried up - I gravitated to the screen to trade Globex and CBOT Project-A during the evenings.

Kept a family and full-time day job.

#12     Feb 14, 2003
  3. Raising capital is not really such a big problem, but you have to be realistic. nobody will give you money without real trading record. You are competing against managed account managers with track record about 30% a year.
    My suggestion is : Save 5K and build a trading record. If this is not possible then you have to have trading system or method backtested , then look for an investor. Be prepared to disclose everything.
    Walter

#13     Feb 15, 2003
  4. Man you get to the point fast. I love it!

Best
    David

#14     Feb 15, 2003
  5. It's a catch-22, like trying to get into screen actor's guild.

You only need capital if your trading so far is at a level which will most likely be unable to attract it. On the other hand if you know how to make money, you won't need other people's capital (a bit tongue-in-cheek, but probably true for anyone trading under 7 figures) :)

#15     Feb 15, 2003
  6. Momento

Momento

WOW -
    very impressive, :p Now.. that's dedication!
    ------------------

The papertrading aspect is really BS. It's not until you trade with the big boys, that you will find out: The fills aren't nessarily as perfect as papertrading :( etc...
    so instead i would strongly recommand opening a small accoutn and trade 100 -200 shares at first, and see how many cents you can bank out a day. (or ticks if you wanna trade the ES) From then on, is a matter of sizing up, then the money will come -

Good Luck

#16     Feb 15, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

1) Real Estate

2) No

nitro

#17     Feb 15, 2003
  8. Find a good prop firm Sub LLC that will train you in exchange for higher commissions and a lower payout. The minimum requirement for risk capital is usually $5K. Learn how to trade for 6 months to a year on someone else's dime. This is the best way to start out with minimal capital outlay.

A sub-LLC started by experienced traders is better for beginning traders than going straight to a prop firm. The prop firm will charge you lower commissions and higher payout, but you will receive zero training unless you pay for it. Also, you'll be charged a desk fee. You'll then be left to your own devices until you blow out.

A sub-LLC will absorb the desk fees in exchange for higher commissions and a piece of your payout. This gives them a vested interest in your success and a good sub-LLC will provide all the training you need free of charge. In some cases, if you lose your deposit, you can still continue to trade the prop firm's capital. But this depends on the individual's work ethic and desire to succeed.

#18     Feb 15, 2003
  9. Get a few thousand.

There are a few firms that will give you leverage--Worldco, Bright, for example. PM Don Bright (not an alias). I haven't decided yet whether "not an alias" is part of his name or just a statement.

I've heard Carlin is giving leverage with no deposit.

You must take thew securities exams, though.

#19     Feb 17, 2003
  10. tfmoney

tfmoney

aluminun cans are all over especially on the sides of roads $$$

#20     Feb 20, 2003