Raising Capital For Fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by youngtrader, Nov 4, 2007.

1. lol hydroblunt you are to much man lol! Do you have a journal on et? Or any statements to back you up? Anybody can pretend to be a pro trader on the internet man. By no means am I saying im perfect (which im not even close too) but I can produce nice returns and can trade fairly well given my age so back off a little huh.

Thanks everyone for the advice I know what to do from hear. I think everyone misunderstood my question though. I want to just raise a few bucks to take on more contracts and make more money.....simple as that. At my age no doubt I couldn't run a multimillion dollar fund nor do I plan to! I was just wondering how to go about maybe raising a few K to make my account bigger and trade bigger size and of course I would have to give some of the returns to the people who gave me the money.

To those of you who gave me advice on what to do after high school and how to go about it from there thanks but I pretty much have that figured out (finance degree and then go prop. Grades are not good enough to go to a high pedigree school and then work for goldman. If I am to make it in this business I have to go about it alone)and was mainly just wondering about the raising money part.

Thanks everyone

#21     Nov 5, 2007
  2. Who ever said anything about net? Although yes that 10,000 is close to net but not completely. I started with 3,000 man and have taken it to around 10,000. Not completely all of it is from trading but vast majority is. Lots of mistakes and drawdowns from that 3,000 to the 10,000.

I will take the con artist quote as a compliment though lol!

#22     Nov 5, 2007
  3. whoah, easy there hydro- we all had to start somewhere. Cut the kid some slack.

#23     Nov 5, 2007
  4. Prop is way to go. You can "manage" up to 10MM there. PM me after you graduate.

#24     Nov 5, 2007