Raising capital for any fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Trademanstan, Oct 4, 2012.

1. good for you! you probably majored in journalism.

tim sykes couldnt run a hedge fund, so he opened a website selling scammy how to penny stock videos

i could walk into a hedge fund and be shown the door by the secretary..

i have to get inside.. straight to the source somehow

#11     Oct 4, 2012
  2. No argument there....

#12     Oct 4, 2012
  3. 2rosy

2rosy

funny but true

#13     Oct 4, 2012
  4. No man, no journalism major. Just a love of da written word and da markets. You gotta figure out your value proposition, what do out offer? I could write nd axe good questions so dat opened da door. If ya look like some redneck crazy ass, don't matter, just be th guy " behind da curtain". Or if ya a good looking dude or just have game--find a connected chick to befriend. Dat can open up th door. NYC is da place 2 start. Read my friend ken Fisher 12 roads o wealth for direction how to break on thru to the other side. Good luck!

PS. By the way This is da man you wanna chat wit in ya hometown. Dat cats a baller. Go talk to him. Then get da F out of O hi O.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/leslie-wexner/:)

#14     Oct 4, 2012
  5. If you're not already spoken for you and I should get together. I like your sense of humor. I'll sign any kind of prenuptial you like, since I have nothing left to lose.

#15     Oct 4, 2012
  6. lol ok. wexner.. i like it!!

i got that columbus/cleveland/akron connection..

orginally from canton, oh

#16     Oct 4, 2012
  7. There's your start. Go for it! :)

#17     Oct 4, 2012
  8. but ohio is a poor state.. and full of white trash.. i got to find the affluent hang out spots.. can i keep in contact with u..

and id like to log my progress in this thread

#18     Oct 4, 2012
  9. I'm usually a guest of a guest, if not a party crasher, so I'm the wrong guy --- but I'll be happy to offer guidance in this regard anytime. Be really humble and just start talking to people-- you will be surprised where you find real hedge fund investors. Don't go the institutional route, it's a waste of time. Ultra high net worth investors like Wexner are much lower hanging fruit. Good luck!

Miami is good, but NYC is the best, but highly competitive in the fund biz--- move to someplace like these and just start talking to people in bars, clubs, wherever. Join the sailing club, polo is good, use LinkedIn., introduce people to each other--- you will be surprised how fast this grows. Don't expect anything in return. Do it as a friend.

But remember, you need to be able to articulate your edge in everyday language.

#19     Oct 4, 2012
  10. and there you have it folks, if you can't make it as a trader, you can always become a salesman.

#20     Oct 4, 2012