Raising a child worst investment of all time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by a529612, Mar 3, 2007.

1. If you view everything in life as an investment, then you will be doomed to live a meaningless life. What's the point of making millions if you can't enjoy it as a result measuring everything in percentage terms.

The solution to the overindulgence that exists in today's children is simple. Learn to say no. Last I checked, a parent still has that right.

#21     Mar 7, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

I have never been one to make a budget...these numbers are fly by the handle numbers...i was just trying to make a point... :D meaning one can never put a value on ones children. they are priceless...

p.s. congrats on the good news...I hope he/she is a lovely healthy bundle of joy. peace and good luck

#22     Mar 7, 2007
  3. nitro

nitro

I suggest the entire planet stop having kids. Problem solved, and think about how much spare money future generations will have to invest in important things, like condos.

Geez, you guys have to start giving me some hard problems to solve, these are getting too easy.

nitro

#23     Mar 7, 2007
  4. jem

jem

I have three boys under the age of 7. Prior to having kids I did not want them, too much unnecessary responsibility.

I can confirm the joy is in the giving. There is nothing like passing on a little wisdom in different areas of life. Seeing how happy your son and his 6 year teammates are after his first interception is amazing.

Or last night when I was helping out someone else's kid with his baseball swing -- and he got the first hit of his life off a pitching machine (halfway into the season).

Nobody else has any idea that I helped him take a hitch out of his swing in the on deck circle and I will receive no other benefit for it -- but watching that little kid jump for joy was reward all itself. And I am not asking anyone to think I am saying I am a great hitting coach. The kid had a hitch that caused him to drop under the ball. Anyone helping him take practice swings would have noticed it.

#24     Mar 7, 2007
  5. World peace?..... :p

#25     Mar 7, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

I have been to some crazy parties, been with some great looking broads, seen many a mountain and traveled plenty and nothing brings me more joy than just flying a kite with me boy....and its cheap too..:D

#26     Mar 7, 2007
  7. Hmmm...Ok, if the entire planet stops having kids, then what future generation are you talking about? :)

#27     Mar 7, 2007
  8. nitro

nitro

Oh, I didn't think of that ;-)

nitro :D

#28     Mar 7, 2007
  9. man

man

i thought the other day that my child taught me about
    that mysterious "unconditional love" thing. before i had
    a child i thought that people mean more or less that
    they receive unconditional love and this is the great
    thing. but this other day i realised that the magic is to
    be able to love unconditionally, not to be loved. no
    matter what she will ever do, no matter if i am angry
    or whatever ... there is this stream.

#29     Mar 8, 2007
  10. man

man

there is no smiley for the face expression when someone
    explains to you the subtleties of your own jokes ...

#30     Mar 8, 2007