Rahm Emanuel Wants “Compulsory Service” for Your Kids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 7, 2008.

1. If this materializes, it will become a program meant to deal with the coming depression.

Kids delivering food and medicine to the masses because many will not have money to drive, let alone afford the necessities of life. This will also keep the unemployment rate lower, so older Americans will have a few more years to work before retiring. Nonetheless, we will have extreme double digit unemployment.

Our perception of such programs are negative because of the bountiful wealth we have enjoyed for so many decades. It goes against our instincts. After all, wealth = freedom, the more wealth, the more freedom.

But as the depression hits and gathers momentum, parents will be begging to have their kids enlist - because they'll have an "in" with the source of rations to be doled out.

A brave new world awaits us, and our thinking and perceptions will change with it.

Hyperinflation will decimate wealth, and tapping on computer keys to earn a wealthy lifestyle will go away.

Maybe it's a good thing? I just realized that "Change" is coming in a very different way - in an unavoidable way that will in turn, change how we live.

#51     Nov 9, 2008

2. Obama got the youth vote only because he was appealing to them in appearance and good talk. Our youth is as stupid as they can be, ok maybe not stupid but naive at the least. needless to say, they have the lowest self esteem and seek approval whenever they can. most of classmates look up to me, and I was able to sway my classmates' votes by just saying i'm voting for such and such. They didn't even ask why and didn't care, but they proceeded to follow my support and vote!!!! Now tell me how can anybody be proud of getting their vote? Regardless, Obama was able to emerge as the cool young "hip" candidate so they voted for him without really knowing what he stands for. From what i saw, many were smarter than just following the crowd but most were not. when i asked them why Obama, most said "because everybody is voting for him" or " McCain is old". I guess democrats dumbing down our education and driving our kids' IQ into the ground works in their favor after all:( :( :(

#52     Nov 9, 2008
  3. I guess this might have meant Mrs Sarah Palin landing the Presidency within 2 years.

#53     Nov 9, 2008
  4. Are you projecting what might be your low values and possible under-developed character onto millions of "youth". You do understand what I mean by "project"? So.. let me ask you BOY:

What basis do you have for making this totally outlandish statement when in fact anyone on the 7th grade debate team (do they have debate teams in 7th grade?) could controvert it by saying that:

"....he will gain even more of the youth vote and that of their undecided parents as well because the impact of doing something meaningful with their lives, having some impact on others and feeling like they actually "count" and have "value" in the larger scheme of things (an issue that we all or many have encountered when we were young-er)............ for just this brief period of time (versus playing video games, text messaging inceessantly and ragging on their cell phones throughout their entire youth experience) will give them increased purpose enabling them to value this Country and all it stands for!"

I will be happy to repeat or clarify this question/comment for any of the "trolls" who will now refuse to or be incapable of replying intelligently and objectively to the aforesaid.

In fact I would like to hear what "pabst" has to say about my scenario... since he is one of the few posters that albeit I disagree with on things at least can articulate a point that at least is consistent, and sometimes worthy of debate.

#54     Nov 9, 2008

5. Deeply insightful and articulated beautifully.

#55     Nov 9, 2008
  6. Oh yeah.... remeber one thing regarding my prior post.

All of my "attacks" on the so-called right-wing posters are based on my views, experience and belief that many on the right have serious personality disorders that manifest in more of them being hypocrites and being almost totally incapable of conceding any point and in having views that other ethnic and racial and religious groups are inferior in some way to them... while continually purporting to be the bastions of "family values" and religious/spitual enligtenment and salvation! I have been consistent in this opinion as to their emotional health or lack thereof.

Frankly... it's getting tiring and becoming a waste of time debating with the many ignorant self-righteous right-wing posters on here who have demonstrated to me low level intellects and/or cannot or will not concede anything. I rarely see any points in their postings other than whining and bitching and criticizing. This to me is the sign of a loser. That he (the poster) would publicly display his values and attitudes and when they are analyzed.... it is clear that they are consistently negative in tone and content!

I had not posted since December 2006 on ET, but came back when I became involved in the election and ET was one way to seek support and votes for Obama and to unseat the hypocrites who had ruined the economy and lowered the standing of the USA in the eyes of the world. I'm glad he won and I 'hope' he does a good job and conducts himself in a relatively bi-partisan way unlike (in my view ) the manner in which bush and many of his losers handled themselves.

For those right-wing religious family-value people who claim to have this devout attention to God... and who then would likely believe in "God's Will"............ I suggest you sit back and accept that Obama winning at this time was indeed the doing of a higher power! Accept it and pray that your Country (that you allegedly love and honor) will survive and then prosper under his administration!

If you can't do that... then you gotta ask yourself what you do believe in and I submit at that point you gotta also ask yourself how you became so neurotic and negative... and please, get some help for your serious mental issues !

#56     Nov 9, 2008
  7. Do you seriously think that any of the few, the un-proud and the cowardly right-wing facists and bigots on this message board/forum would agree with what you said (although I am glad you said it)?

Many on the right have serious mental, emotional and/or personality disorders... and never developed that part of their being that allows them to have compassion and love... while still holding others to be responsible and accountable. A lot of them are losers with low self-esteem that is only boosted by putting down others !

Thus I often reciprocate in kind much like you do with bulies in school!

Just my opinion and generalization after participating on this forum for a whle!

#57     Nov 9, 2008
  8. So?

What's wrong with Obama's appeal as you incompletely describe it hereinabove? What's wrong with inspiring or inspirational and articulate and highly intelligent leaders???! Rather than criticize your peers while elevating yourself to some loftier status... why don't you say what you would like to see your peers believe in that apparently you allege was not present in Obama!

Can you be positive or did you grow up in a negative environment that has already made you such a (young) cynic. It sounds sad sport..... that at your apparently younger age you have nothing to believe in. Why go on with little or no faith?! What's the purpose?!

Of course you could make a killing trading and buy an Island! THAT would make you happy... for a few years or months!

#58     Nov 9, 2008
  9. Rahm is channeling two ideas:

1. The inculcation of shared community values and civic duty gained through his compulsory (elected) service in Israel

2. The creation and implementation of Tom Barnett's SysAdmin force to occupy and control countries/regions after the leviathan force (US military) invades and destroys the enemy. One of the big reasons we failed in Iraq - we expected the military to do this second job when they were not prepared to do so.

http://www.thomaspmbarnett.com/glossary.htm

If Rahm Emanuel is basing his decision on issue #2, I fully support it. IMHO its a conservative idea, even if it is put forth by a liberal.

#59     Nov 9, 2008
  10. 151

Ice, I want to say this with all due respect.

YOU NEED A DOSE OF REALITY.

Now having said that, if the points you so eloquently made are true, we as a nation would not need the "civil service" that is being talked about.

Keep in mind that Americans already donate more of their time and money to charitible causes than anyone else on earth.

#60     Nov 9, 2008