Rahm Emanuel Wants “Compulsory Service” for Your Kids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AMT4SWA, Nov 7, 2008.

1. I think it's a great idea. All the dipshits age 18-25 would finally do something for someone other than themselves.

#21     Nov 7, 2008
  2. lassic

lassic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel

"Emanuel was a civilian volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces during the 1991 Persian Gulf War, serving in one of Israel's northern bases, rust-proofing brakes"

inspiration for the youth

#22     Nov 7, 2008
  3. Sounds like a good plan, after all, who wants rusty brakes on tanks, eh?

#23     Nov 7, 2008
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Why draft after school, once a person is in college or work. Make it a part of the high school curriculum and a prerequisite for a HS diploma.

There's nothing wrong with learning to be prepared, but mandating and drafting at a bit extreme.

Why not prepare the military and invest the effort there to prevent a terrorist attack if we feel another is coming, or better yet close the boarders.

prevention is always better that trying to pick up the pieces after the fact

#24     Nov 7, 2008
  5. Wallet

Wallet

They feel another attack is eminent, it will happen after we pull out of the Middle East. The War isn't over, instead we will allow it come back to our shores.

If you haven't figured it out, we haven't been attacked since we have been over there. Because that's where the war is being fought.

#25     Nov 7, 2008
  6. The people who supposedly attacked us were living in the United States for a while before it happened.

I don't see why US troops pulling out of the mid-east would spark another attack here. The "they hate us for our freedom" bullshit really needs to stop. They hate us because we're over there. Stay the fuck out of their business and most of these problems are solved.

Too bad war is extremely profitable.

#26     Nov 7, 2008
  7. I fully support "compulsory service". One year minimum anytime between age 18-30. Might put some gratitude in their attitude. Might even erode the pussification of America.

#27     Nov 7, 2008
  8. Wallet

Wallet

I'm trying to count the bombings before we sent troops, how many embassies , troops, ships, buildings?????

Yes, the people who flew the planes were here, getting fight instruction, planning the attack with help from abroad.

Close the boarders and send everyone home, if your sure it's going to happen, why wait for it. Protect the people

Your post and debate makes no sense to me, i'm sorry..... it's a war, it's not over. I'm sorry for all of us with the current direction I see us heading.

#28     Nov 7, 2008

9. You sound so sophomoric, ignorant self-centered and misguided in the sense of what really matters in this short life... that I cannot even dignify your post with a reply.... other than to say:

"I'm glad I am not you and glad I was not you at age 23" !!

UGH !

#29     Nov 7, 2008
  10. jem

jem

once again zzz shows himself to be a relativist he is now a civil liberties relativist. If its relatively close to communism he loves it. If its relatively close to fascism he is against it.

Thing is - he does not realize that communism and fascism are next to each other.

#30     Nov 7, 2008