Rahm Emanuel resignation will happen sometime in Dec. Taped by prosecutors.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Obama reminds me of the person who steps up to the craps table and hasn't a clue whats going on, but rolls the dice and has 12 passes without craping out. Call it luck or fate or destiny. Just stop and think of all the odds he has had to overcome. First being a black candidate, having a very unorthodox name, then admitting to having used cocaine, then being inexperienced and in the US Senate for a short time, then facing off against Bill and Hillary Clinton and their machine, then facing off against a War hero while the country is in 2 wars and when McCain started to gain some ground on him...the financial crisis boils over. He now even has a democratic majority in both the house and Senate to help him.

A lot here on ET hate him, but the odds are in his favor and I bet that while some around him might fall (and probably need to) he will emerge largely undamaged. The republicans are in no position to benefit from the current scandal and the public as a whole are much more interested in their own financial future than the already commonly understood corrupt Illinois politics.

#31     Dec 17, 2008
  2. Bush remained UNDAMAGED for a fer piece of time. He won two terms.

But Barry is MAKING the same MISTAKES Bush made.

Bush's biggest MISTAKE was selecting Gerald Ford's loser of a Chief of Staff as his Vice-President.

And his appointments went DOWNHILL from there.

Barry should have chosen Hillary as Vice-President and Joe Biden as Secretary of State. Hillary is as poor a choice for Secretary of State as Colin Powell was for Bush. Both gave the press what they wanted and that was a big story.

Barry chose Rahm Emmanuel as chief of staff. He is more POLITICAL than Karl Rove and Rove was very POLITICAL but a lousy policy advisor.

He had a criminal lawyer advising on foreign policy, and then he put Greg Craig as his White House counsel.

I guess he had to pay back Bill Richardson for being a Judas to the Clintons but Richardson will bring little new thinking or competence to his cabinet.

I agree with you Barry will remain undamaged, just like Jorge Bush did. He probably has a chance at two terms, but while he remains undamaged whether he is any more effective than what is presently in the White House is at best even money and that is a stretch.

To think that I have a personal contempt for Barry is a huge misread, my contempt is not PERSONAL, it is generic and reaches to all the clowns in both of these very corrupt major parties.

#32     Dec 17, 2008
  3. You are correct , of course.
    What is disheartening is that majority of Obamas voters couldn't see through his obvious lies and his background of a career parasite went unnoticed by them.
    We are really screwed now.
    Bush ef it up for last 5 years and now we have 4 years of this crap ahead.

#33     Dec 17, 2008
  4. Well the web continues to tangle. Now Fitzgerald wants an extension on the indictment. It's becoming pretty obvious that Fitz did Obama a favor getting in front of some criminal activity. Probably one of Obama's underlings, Rahm Drama, was working some illegal/unethical deal for the senate seat.
    This is a very good view of what's coming with the new president. Washington business as usual. Sorry to throw the wet blanket of reality on the lefties. Your boy is as crooked as the rest.

#34     Dec 31, 2008
  5. Wrong my old friend. The Bush Administration had a free pass until their incompetence, lies and overall fuck ups made it to where even the hardliner righties couldn't take it anymore. After 9-11 Bush had the gold ring of free passes. Now everyone assumes the Bush administration is guilty because they've proven themselves guilty and incompetent over and over again. I humbly accept your apology and realize it was probably just an oversite. Bottoms up and happy new year!!:cool:

#35     Dec 31, 2008