Ragincajun tradin' the YM

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ragincajun, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Thought I would update the journal today. Almost blew out the account as most thought I would ;-) Slowly working my way back. Only started with $2500 just for that reason. Have lost the Cowboy "damed the torpedoes" attitude that seemed to work for me trading stocks. I am studying Market Profile and it has given me a definite edge that was missing. Here is one of the charts I look at during market hours:

[​IMG]

That is yesterday's MP and the hind-sight 20-20 chart shows I could've/should've made a killing. :) Only made 8 points out of it. Did impress my wife somewhat (she could really care less) when I showed her the H&S forming and called 11077 as my point to buy when it fell. There was a lot of action there over the past week looking at the Price/Volume chart.

Didn't trade it though? I hate excuses because people are known by their results and not the quality of their excuses. But here's mine :) All we have is dial-up here in the swamp and it dropped out five times today. That has never happened. I was scared to death with my only trade.

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. Finally reached the elusive 5 straight days net positive milestone. Only averaged about 9 points per day. Not earth-shattering for sure but it did wonders for me. I was short this morning @ 11079 and only made 10 points out of it on 1 trade (It went down to 10986 or so). :) Trading overly cautious for sure but the account is very tiny and the darn line is still dropping out 3-4 times per day. Will step it up a bit when I find out the problem....The H&S on the 60-minute chart this morning looked almost identical to the one in the post above.

#12     Feb 28, 2006
  3. K-Rock

K-Rock

Is your setup based on MP/VP or price patterns?

#13     Mar 1, 2006
  4. gryphes

gryphes

Hey Ragin - Are you really down in swampland? I used to work college summers on oil rigs out of Houma. Still fondly remember the cajun parties with music & garbage cans of boiled crawdads.

#14     Mar 1, 2006