Rafael Nadal and Usain Bolt refuse to compete in great Britain unti taxes are lowered

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 15, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you being illusive and non specific intentionally?

I mean what is it you do in the UK you couldn't possibly do just as well in a lower tax environment? Do you sell sweaters and umbrellas or some such?

And to the original question. We're drowning in subjectivity here. Go ahead and provide a short list if you don't mind. What are you getting for that 50%?

#41     Aug 18, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Is that 50% income tax rate marginal, or effective?

You didn't answer my question earlier, but it's clear, at least some men in the U.K. will, even at 50% taxation, still get out of bed and go to work.

#42     Aug 18, 2012
  3. Perhaps it's the lax Rehypothecation regulations available for abuse.

#43     Aug 18, 2012
  4. I wholeheartedly concur.

Cheers.

#44     Aug 18, 2012
  5. I am being neither illusive nor elusive...

No, I don't sell sweaters and umbrellas (I didn't really get that; what, people don't buy sweaters and umbrellas outside the UK). As I mentioned on this forum a couple of times before, I am a trader. To be seriously involved in my mkt, you need to be based in London or New York, or possibly Geneva or Singapore. The latter two have some issues.

As to what I am getting for that 50%, I could certainly provide a short list. How about this:
    - NHS, arnd 20% of taxes I pay
    - Spending on elderly and disabled (incl state pensions), arnd 18%
    - Education, arnd 15%
    - Defence, arnd 6%
    - Debt servicing, arnd 5%
    - Police, safety, etc, arnd 5%

Is that satisfactory?

#45     Aug 18, 2012
  6. Effective, if I have understood you correctly and I did answer your question earlier...
    Erm, isn't it rather obvious from the MF Global case that one doesn't need to be based in London to obtain the benefit of "lax re-hypothecation regulations"? Try harder, please...

I am not even going to ask you whether you actually have any idea what "re-hypothecation" actually is and what it had to do with anything. I know the answer already.

#46     Aug 18, 2012
  7. Whatever you say "mrbill"

PS:Thanks for letting me know I nailed it.

#47     Aug 18, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was referencing UK weather and your stated need to stay there.
    If it works for you AND everyone else there paying that rate, great.
    IF I were paying that much and that list is all I had to show for it I'd be pissed.

#48     Aug 18, 2012
  9. I don't, I've never owned nor needed either, but then again I'm a real man. :cool:

sweaters and umbrellas are women's attire .

#49     Aug 18, 2012

10. Like I posted before , "martin" obviously isn't paying his fair share.

#50     Aug 18, 2012