Rafael Nadal and Usain Bolt refuse to compete in great Britain unti taxes are lowered

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Aug 15, 2012.

1. Tax exemptions are a precondition of the Olympics and certain other world events no matter where they are hosted.

#21     Aug 16, 2012
  2. Come on buddy, You are non-dom aren't you?

You had better not been bringing in offshore income from Mother Russia. I heard HMRC gives a reward for reporting tax evaders.:D

#22     Aug 16, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I have, thrice.

#23     Aug 16, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Do you feel any friendlier to a 101% tax rate than those of us who haven't set foot in the kingdom? Or is Houl just barking up the wrong tree?

#24     Aug 16, 2012
  5. jem

jem

you don't think we should comment on taxation schemes and the taxation of public figures and countries ... because what... we are so pedestrian we have never been on a plane?

are you kidding me.
    Thinking people must question govt

#25     Aug 16, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I prefer to spend MY money myself. :)

#26     Aug 16, 2012
  7. If you only pay 50% , perhaps you don't pay your fair share.

#27     Aug 16, 2012
  8. It's not your money.

Just because you maliciously exploited somebody and have temporary possession of it gives you no rights to it's use.:eek:

#28     Aug 16, 2012
  9. Shockingly, we do... And when I say we, I am including "athletes" like John Terry, who gets paid 150,000 quid a week.
    Nah, my friend, I ain't non-dom... I pay 50%, no gimmicks.
    Good stuff... I hope it was as good for you as it was for us Brits.

#29     Aug 17, 2012
  10. Comment away, my indignant friend...

I hasten to point out that I never suggested that you should be quiet on this (or any other) subject. Nor did I suggest that people here were so "pedestrian", as you put it, as to never have been on a plane. You're over-generalizing rather enthusiastically here. My point was solely about the quality of the commentary. IMHO, that's due to the propensity of some people to trivialize the issues in question so that they can be easily made consistent with their preconceptions and biases. Facts and reality are the unfortunate victims of the above process.

#30     Aug 17, 2012