Radio Frequencies Help Burn Salt Water: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Sep 11, 2007.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Radio Frequencies Help Burn Salt Water
    By David Templeton, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    http://green.yahoo.com/index.php?q=node/1570

ERIE, Pa. - An Erie cancer researcher has found a way to burn salt water, a novel invention that is being touted by one chemist as the "most remarkable" water science discovery in a century.

John Kanzius happened upon the discovery accidentally when he tried to desalinate seawater with a radio-frequency generator he developed to treat cancer. He discovered that as long as the salt water was exposed to the radio frequencies, it would burn.

The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel.

Rustum Roy, a Penn State University chemist, has held demonstrations at his State College lab to confirm his own observations.

The radio frequencies act to weaken the bonds between the elements that make up salt water, releasing the hydrogen, Roy said. Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies, he said.

The discovery is "the most remarkable in water science in 100 years," Roy said.

"This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," Roy said. "Seeing it burn gives me the chills."

Roy will meet this week with officials from the Department of Energy and the Department of Defense to try to obtain research funding.

The scientists want to find out whether the energy output from the burning hydrogen — which reached a heat of more than 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit — would be enough to power a car or other heavy machinery.

"We will get our ideas together and check this out and see where it leads," Roy said. "The potential is huge."

2. pattersb

pattersb Guest

Keep Hope Alive!

3. Interesting.
    But what ignites the hydrogen? Just the radio waves?

Must be a hell of a bandwidth.
    But they've been using ultrasonic jewellery cleaners for years, even washing machines (dont see too many of them around though-theres a loooot of money in detergents and cleaners) so maybe its plausible. If a microwave can boil water...........
    If anything is going to seperate water into constituents, particularly salt water with its high mineral content, it would be something like this.

i dont know anything about chemistry or physics, and dont know what im talking about, i just think its a really neat idea

4. achilles28

achilles28

Neither do I. But it certainly is exciting :)

There was an American gentlemen back in the 70's who received a lot of press - apparently he discovered a way to split water using high energy pulses that produced more than injected (= free energy).

There are news clips floating around the net of him driving his dune buggy on water!

After performing a demonstration for the Queen of England and some Military Heavyweights - who agreed he had unlocked H20 free energy - the guy was killed at his inaugural dinner for a American Research Facility in his honor.

Food poisoning.

And jet engines are most advanced propulsion systems humans have developed in 60 years. Nothings changed since since the end of WW2?!?!?

Don't think so.

Anyhow, this discovery and the American guys sound very similar. Interesting indeed.

5. achilles28

achilles28

Sounds like you know more than i do!

6. Turok

Turok

A2:
    >After performing a demonstration for the Queen of
    >England and some Military Heavyweights - who agreed
    >he had unlocked H20 free energy - the guy was killed
    >at his inaugural dinner for a American Research Facility
    >in his honor.

>Food poisoning.

Technically speaking, it was a type of food born radiation poisoning ... but I'm not allowed to say anything more than that about it.

JB

7. Naw, i just made it up, based on the obvious fact salt water is more chemically reactive than rainwater, ie, calcification (corals) oxidisation (rust ) , carries a higher energy load (heat, due to density), that kind of thing.

Pretty much everything has a wavelength/cordance of applied energy at which it will melt, shatter or break apart, its the energy input that matters, though i often wonder the extent of accounting tricks in the valuation of jules with fossil fuels, or any energy source really.

8. this is just dissociation of the water, then "burning" the hydrogen released.

problem is, the energy required to obtain the hydrogen (electricity production, generating RF radiation) is much larger than the energy released by burning it.

however, it may be useful as a more efficient way of extracting hydrogen from saltwater.

9. sounds good, if it weren't for those pesky thermodynamic laws getting in the way :p

10. maxpi

maxpi

It takes energy to generate the RF to separate the water into hydrogen and oxygen. If the amount needed for that is a lot less than the resultant energy from burning then WHAT A OCEAN GOING BOAT MOTOR! A stirling engine running on the seawater, how cool is that
    :cool:

There are few moving parts to a stirling engine, it's a steam engine basically and it needs a couple of heat sinks at different temperatures, you could build your boat with one heatsink in the water for cooling...

#10     Sep 12, 2007