Radical islam from the horses mouth

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by PLATER, Jul 2, 2007.

1. PLATER

PLATER

2. jem

jem

Its not about our foreign policy read this quote from the former jihadist: i

nd though many British extremists are angered by the deaths of fellow Muslim across the world, what drove me and many others to plot acts of extreme terror within Britain and abroad was a sense that we were fighting for the creation of a revolutionary worldwide Islamic state that would dispense Islamic justice.

If we were interested in justice, you may ask, how did this continuing violence come to be the means of promoting such a (flawed) Utopian goal?

How do Islamic radicals justify such terror in the name of their religion?

There isn't enough room to outline everything here, but the foundation of extremist reasoning rests upon a model of the world in which you are either a believer or an infidel.

Formal Islamic theology, unlike Christian theology, does not allow for the separation of state and religion: they are considered to be one and the same.

For centuries, the reasoning of Islamic jurists has set down rules of interaction between Dar ul-Islam (the Land of Islam) and Dar ul-Kufr (the Land of Unbelief) to cover almost every matter of trade, peace and war.

But what radicals and extremists do is to take this two steps further. Their first step has been to argue that, since there is no pure Islamic state, the whole world must be Dar ul-Kufr (The Land of Unbelief).

Step two: since Islam must declare war on unbelief, they have declared war upon the whole world.

3. interesting article... guess we need tons more of those "converts" so that support for the inevitable & incurable remaining fanatics / crazed mystics in our lands wanes significantly...

just one thought, as a 1st step we'd need these guys (moderate muslims) to strive (jihad!) to organize themselves better, ie with a pope-equivalent figure of authority instead of the current multitude of grand muftis, ayatollahs, hidden ayatollah lore etc, and to demand some form of consistent training for their preachers (imams) instead of the current mess...

the current situation with the "preachers" is actually sufficient grounds imo to start barring / expelling quite a few of them... perhaps needs to mediatize that more...

4. so whats new here? radicals = fanatics, whether its christianists or islamists... its all about BS like my faith's better than yours, am craving to die a martyr instead of living this wretched life etc etc... when all we're asking u guys to do is take a pill and chill a bit...

5. PLATER

PLATER

What makes me laugh is that the UK muslim community hate the UK, hate westerners, hate everyone blah blah blah but perfectly happy to take free health care, education, housing, and security. Basically everything western society has to offer.

Funny hey?

6. jem

jem

I have wondered about similar things with the US.

We seemed to have been a much better melting pot when we did not have such generous social services.