Radianz to Speed up Execution

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Nov 16, 2006.

1. When I looked into Radianz a while back it was primarily to increase speed. After talking with a Radianz person and pressing them on the issue of speed, they stopped pushing speed as an advantage, and pushed reliability as their advantage as well as their multiple partners. Their service is very expensive IMO and they admitted it wouldn't be worth doing unless you had 3+ Radianz partners that you wished to connect with. If you can do a direct line you will get more speed and it may be cheaper than going with Radianz though from the UK to the US a direct line might be a totally different ballgame pricewise.

#11     Nov 20, 2006
  2. Apologies for the delay.

Am at home today where I have Plusnet the ping time to currenex is 80ms. We have changed the ISP at the office but can't remember who it is but the currenex ping time is around 70ms. If I remember correctly my ping time to a UK based site, say the BBC, is about 6ms at work.

I am based about 10 miles from the centre of London.

#12     Nov 20, 2006
  3. Thanks, Lon Eagle. But what type of service do you have with Pulsenet? DSL? 1.54 Mbps, 3 Mbps, ..., ISDN, T1,...

Thanks.

#13     Nov 20, 2006
  4. Oh, I forgot to ask one thing on my last post Lon Eagle: Who is your ISP at work and what is the service you have there as well?

#14     Nov 20, 2006
  5. dangerfx

dangerfx

400ms from London to NY is terrible performance. I would not however wast time on Radianz. They are very expensive and really only sell to banks. More importantly a good internet connection will provide better performance than Radianz.
    You should look at your own internet connectivity. Try to bypass as much equipment. For example proxy servers will alway kill performance.
    A good internet performance number for London should be about 100ms round trip ping times.
    If upgrading and eliminating you network gear does not help then you need a better ISP. The best possible performance you will get is hosting your model with a Tier1 Internet backbone provider.
    You should do a trace route (google it) and figure out what ISP your broker is using. Then try to get on the same ISP if possible or one that "piers" with them.

#15     Nov 30, 2006
  6. squeeze

squeeze

Highly unlikely.
    At least not in terms of availability and latency jitter.

#16     Nov 30, 2006
  7. Forget to reply, apologies.

It is an exponential E 40 mb SDSL line.

#17     Nov 30, 2006