radar screen equivalent

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by riccja, Sep 1, 2009.

1. IMO the other product is Metastock. It is known Metastock is a crap tester. I also think those products were rushed to sales dept without even rudimentary testing and then when the defects became known those crap companies refused to fix them but instead blamed traders for the losses.

I think there may be grounds for some kind of legal settlement with those companies for those who were cheated with such crap products.

Is there anyone here with legal background? Is there ground for a case against a company that knowingly distributed defective products?

#21     Sep 5, 2009
  2. riccja

riccja

Thanks for you help. I have come up with Market analyzer for ninja trader as a good alternative. And thought I had come up with a good rt data feed through ameritrade.

The problem I have is ameritrade uses the - sign for a pref designation. The control panel in ninja trader recognizes this but the market analyzer throws it out. Must be a bug in market analyzer.

An alternative I looked into is yahoo live data for 14 a month. They use the . sign for pref stocks. Does anyone know if this will work with ninja or or there other data feed alternatives that are reasonably priced.

#22     Sep 6, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Thanks for the info... Regarding Radarscreen are you overcomplicating things regarding programming? To alert once per occurence you would code up a flag that would allow alerting, then if an alert happens you would set the flag to not allow alerting, when the condition that causes the alert goes away you would set the flag to once again allow an alert.. i've done it, I just don't have any code examples...

regarding sorting by time... make one of your alert code plots to be the time the alert goes off, Radarscreen can sort by any plotted value as I recall... it's been years so maybe I'm remembering things wrongly but it seems like that is how it worked...

It's good to see that Hyperorder is still up and going... that is an exact clone of the now defunct Dynaorder, and Dynaorder was the most concisely useful little piece of software I ever had the fortune to work with.. it had a few bugs, I found that if you went into penny stocks, when the price went under ten cents it would multiply price by a hundred!! I kid you not, I don't know if an OTC order would go through that far away from the going price but if it did, wow, the burn would be a lasting impression :)

#23     Sep 6, 2009
  4. Do you mean that program made many MMs happy?

#24     Sep 6, 2009
  5. maxpi

maxpi

maybe the guy that wrote it also wrote some software to watch for very high bids on otc markets

:eek:

#25     Sep 6, 2009